For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends to help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
So I spent Monday and Tuesday in Bavaria for the BenQ GS1 Launch, it was amazing and I had the best time. I also got to travel somewhere new, something I love to do. Meet new people, which is daunting for me, but they were such really lovely people I shouldn’t have worried.
Of course I took my journals with me so here are my top 10 moments from the past 7 days;
Popping to Snetterton to watch some of the British SuperBike testing. We’re not going to get to go to the actual BSB round at Snetterton this year, so it was good to pop to the track to watch them testing.
- A strangely lovely trip to the supermarket with L. We had just nipped in as I had run of some things and L was happily dragging the basket along the floor, popping things in that he wanted. He was behaving impeccably, which, given the morning we had had was a miracle. Whilst we were paying this little old lady popped up at my shoulder and said she had seen L in the store and thought he had been behaving so well she wanted to buy him a little present, at which point she presented him with two toy tractors and gave me the receipt so I didn’t get stopped. She said she didn’t have grandchildren of her own to spend money on and thought he was lovely. I was gobsmacked and before I could really say much at all she was gone. I really hope to see her again and maybe take her for a coffee.
- Going for a lovely Father’s Day lunch at the pub, just the three of us. We had a lovely meal and some really nice family time.
- Getting a night to myself in a hotel before flying out to Bavaria for the BenQ GS1 launch. I had a nice meal, a glass of wine, dessert. Then I watched a film and just enjoyed having some quiet time to myself.
- Several funny chats on Skype with L whilst I was away. Of course I had to show him the planes at the airport. I was able to talk to him about his day as well as letting him see my hotel rooms. It was really nice being able to have actual conversations with him, he’s growing up so much!
- Checking out the new projector from BenQ. It was a really good launch event and a very special little product. I’ll be writing about it in more detail, but I do love a good bit of tech, so this was a great event for me.
- Meeting the lovely Karen from Mini Travellers and Becky from Munchies and Munchkins. I always love getting to hang out with other bloggers because they are the only people who really get it. More than that though, they were just really lovely people who I had a lot of fun with.
- Chilling out in the Therme at our hotel. A couple of hours just chilling out in the pools, sauna and steam rooms was of course amazing. Relaxing, chatting, gossiping and giggling, a lot, at the naked German men in the sauna.
- Going on a walking tour of Passau. I love a good walking tour. I also love getting to explore somewhere new. It is such a beautiful city. I discovered a lot about the history and the art behind this lovely city.
- Coming home! It doesn’t matter the length of the trip, or how amazing it was, coming home to my family is always the best feeling ever!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.