For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends to help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Today has been a busy boring day but this week has been amazing! Spending time with friends, meeting idols, some amazing weather and perfect days out. So it has been hard picking just ten moments.
So here are my top 10 moments from the past 7 days;
- More Christmas in July events, so some very long but incredibly fun days in London. I got to explore a ship wreck and meet a whale with the VR set up at Currys PC World, I had a real giggle with the guys at Poundland and was overwhelmed by the Argos show.
2. I got to meet Kirstie Allsop and have a little chat. Still not gotten over that. She is just as lovely in real life as she is on TV, it’s going to take a lot to beat that moment.
3. As well as meeting Kirstie at the Hobbycraft A/W show I also got to meet Patrick Grant from The Great British Sewing Bee and stitch with the amazing Libby Rose on her fabulous Pink Bus. All this whilst hanging out with my lovey friend Sarah.
4. Getting a lovely email from a reader. Not only does it prove that someone other than my family actually reads this, but it’s really nice to know that someone was moved by what I wrote.
5. Treating myself to a relaxing evening eating pizza and watching a chick flick. I’ve been feeling really ill and just haven’t stopped, so to actually take some tie out to just do nothing was lovely.
- Visiting nearby Redgrave & Lopham Fen, it’s been on my ‘to visit’ list for ages and we found out that it is brilliant. It’s free to visit but still has toilet facilities and a well kept picnic area. It has loads of well marked walks and some really nice toddler length ones. It was just perfect and we’ll be visiting a lot more now.
7. Going to Framlingham Castle. L has been really excited about castles recently, so I promised him a trip on Sunday. The plan was to nip to Norwich Castle, it’s nice and close. Randomly it only opens in the afternoon on a Sunday which is no good to us. But the promise of a castle had been made, a little research found Framlingham Castle just over the border in Suffolk. L had a blast exploring the battlements and running around the moat. I would seriously recommend a visit to this lovely castle if you’re ever near it.
8. Crazy, messy, bubbly and sparkly water play with L. In case it escaped your notice it has been hot! So what better excuse for some splashy fun and adding bubbles into the mix was awesome. I wish I’d got a picture of his his face when he realised what I had done.
9. Enjoying a picnic in the garden. L had decided he was too hot to go out, so we set up a picnic in the shade and after we had eaten we retreated inside for ice lollies and a nap. Both of us. A grown up afternoon nap is so epic.
- Husb and I chilling out in the garden with a glass of wine after L had gone to bed. It is so nice to have a garden we can relax in and an evening warm enough to enjoy it! It was also nice to not just pop the TV on and ignore each other for the evening which is so easy to do.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.