For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Sorry this is a day late. Husb and I had a few days away and instead of writing this when I got home last night. I collapsed into a tired heap on the sofa with half a bottle of wine. Whoops.
I start my new job tomorrow. I have a lump in my chest. A knot of tension. I’m far from calm at this precise moment. Am I making the right decision, how much will impact our lives, things work so nicely with me at home.
All I know is we need some money and there’s no point me striving to stay at home if I don’t have a home to stay in. I hope this is just a temporary bump in the road. Only time will tell though. Wish me luck for tomorrow.
Oh and as I’m typing this I get a phone call from the garage, which has my car for the fourth time over recent weeks, to be told that another car has rolled into it. I really could cry right now. When it rains it pours.
So as ever I’m focusing on the positives. Here are my 10 moments from the past 7 days, enjoy them whilst I rock slowly in a corner;
- Catching up with my blogging pal Kate from Love2Eat2Travel, she treated me to a lovely home cooked lunch and sent me home with jam and veg from her garden. It was lovely just to have a good chat.
- L and I going to the zoo with our friends. L enjoyed pushing around his little friend’s pushchair, he was so helpful(ish)! He’s still talking about it now, he had such a wonderful time. It was really nice for too, she’s such a good friend.
- Happy mail day!! Two of my friends sent me gifts in the post. I got a lovely letter and some little gifts from one gorgeous friend. Then in the afternoon I got a crate of wine from another brilliant friend. I love my friends. They know when I need them and they know what I need.
- Heading to the Norwich Turtle Bay for lunch, the review will be live soon. But it was a fab lunch and great to get out as a family. Plus the cocktails were on 2 4 1, so I had both.
- Taking L to the park and watching him dive down the slide head first. He is getting so much braver. I can’t believe he is almost three. I love just hanging out with him.
- Going to Grimsthorpe Castle. Day one of our mini break found us at a stunning property, that’s not actually a castle, for a very long and enjoyable walk. That is until the rain started. It was good to get out and walk a decent distance and just enjoy each other’s company for a bit.
- Enjoying the swimming pool, sauna and steam room at our hotel. Totally relaxing and really chilled.
- An amazing day in Lincoln. We spent hours exploring the Cathedral before heading into the centre of Lincoln for a look round and a drink. The we to Lincoln Castle which was also great before a nice dinner. I did have to scale Steep Hill twice, for which my legs still haven’t forgiven me, but it was worth it.
- Having a really great time exploring part of the Nene Valley Park. We walked for miles and it was a stunning day. Enjoyed a cake at one of the cafes. Just had a lovely time on our last day of holiday.
- Getting back home to L!! The best part of all was getting home to my boy. I needed a break and he loved staying with his grandparents but I missed him so much. It was amazing to get back home to him.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.