For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This week has been crazy. We’ve done so much. We’ve been to London for a PlayStation Family event. I’ve been training, a lot. Mainly though L has turned three. Three whole entire years old. How did that happen?
Emotion wise I’ve been bouncing from amazingly happy to crushingly sad. For me this is a real worry as it’s one of my biggest indicators that the darkness is closing in. Another classic sign for me is the cold sores. Whenever I get really low I get cold sores. The 14 I have invading my lower lip at the moment though, is quite frankly, a piss take. At least because I know this I can concentrate finding a level place.
I need to find time to start meditating again. I’ve been having my lunch breaks in my car, so this seems like the ideal time for a few moments reflection. I also need to be writing, so I’m busy. Luckily I have plenty to write about. Without further ado here are my 10 moments from the past 7 days;
- Getting sent an amazing package from Kids Parcel, unboxing vlog and review to follow soon. Just watching l get involved with it and playing with him and his new toys all morning. We just had such a blast.
- Arranging a family trip to Hamburg for a review early next year. I am so flipping excited it’s unreal. I’ve never been to Hamburg before so that’s exciting and it will be L’s first flight which is exciting and terrifying all at the same time.
- Watching L on the Tube. We hadn’t taken him to London since he was a baby and as he has been scared of loud noises recently I was concerned about how he would handle the Tube. He loved it though. He was absolutely delighted with the whole experience and so well behaved. Result.
- Having an amazing time at the PlayStation Family event we were invited to. It was a really fun event and we got to have a play with the games and do some crafts, had a little bit to eat too. We had an amazing time.
- Baking L’s birthday cake and seeing it turn out just as I had pictured in my head. I was so pleased with the results. I was certain L would love it and I was right. When it came to cake time he was most impressed.
- Watching L open all his birthday presents. He got so many lovely things. We are blessed to have so many people in our lives who love him. He was so excited opening everything. He was telling anyone who would listen that it was his birthday party and he was getting presents.
- Realising that this was the first birthday he has been genuinely excited about. It is the first year he has understood what is happening. That it is his birthday and that he is getting spoilt with a party. The first time he has really ‘got it’. Also getting to hear him trotting around the house singing happy birthday to himself was pretty cute.
- getting to number 7 in the Parent Blogger Club charts. It’s the first time I’ve been in the top ten of anything for my blog. It made my day. I doubt it’ll last long but it is such an achievement for me, so I’ll be happy with it for my week.
- Getting asked to be a Brand Ambassador for an amazing brand. I’m not sure if I can say who yet so I won’t just in case. I apologise for being cryptic. But I’m so chuffed. It’s going to be amazing fun.
- Picking L up after he spent two days with his grandparents.They kindly had him as I have had to work full time hours this week bur boy have I missed him. Picking him up and hearing him call for me across the car park when he saw me was amazing.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.