For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Oh my word it’s been a busy week, which is why I’m writing this on a Friday instead of my usual Tuesday night ready for Wednesday. Between the start of Christmas in our house, appointments, work and everything else it’s been hectic. Throw in a last minute holiday to get ready for and what you have is a very exhausted little blogger.
We’ve also been busy having fun, so here are my top ten moments from the last week or so, I’ve lost track.
- Getting an evening to myself, catching up with odd blog jobs. Watching Grey’s Anatomy. Enjoying a salad with the Pizza Express dressing, which is the best, followed by M&M’s, the crispy ones, also the best ones.
- Getting bought a coffee by a nice customer, after a not so nice one had yelled at me. I can handle being yelled at, it’s kind of part of the job and I’ve done this type of job before, so I’ve got years worth of experience. But for someone else to go out of their way to be nice to you, that’s super unusual and very much worthy of a mention. It really brightened my day.
- Spending the afternoon with Husb. We had a nice pub lunch, with a nice large glass of wine. We ran a few errands. Went to The Museum of Norwich at The Bridewell, as he had’t come with me and L a few weeks earlier and I hadn’t been able to read any of the displays when I had gone with L. Then we checked out the Christmas lights in Norwich.
- Bumping into an old friend at my new job, having a little catch up and a little gossip. What really made me happy though was that she was the first person to have met me with the correct and appropriate reaction to my new position. One of abject pity and concern. It’s always good to catch up with old friends, but to realise they still know you so well, that’s special.
- Taking L to a local garden centre so we could look at the pets and the Christmas decoration together. His little face when he saw the giant moving snowman was classic, he just didn’t know what to do with himself. It was a lovely, free, way to spend the afternoon. It did take a lot of will power to not leave with a hamster though. I would love a hamster.
- L using the big toilet. We are still a million miles off him being potty trained. He just doesn’t seem to be able to get it, but using the grown up toilet, even if has only been once is a major break through for us.
- Getting an absolutely lush courtesy car. Yes I’m more than a little peeved my car has still not been fixed after the incident at the garage a couple of months ago, But if I get all tech’d up and fully spec’d courtesy cars to drive for a bit than I can handle it. I do feel like I’m cheating on my car a bit but I’m sure I’ll get over it.
- Getting offered a trip to Bluestone. I was excited when I was offered it, even though it was at such short notice I was sure I’d never be able to get the time off work. My manager was ace though and cut her holiday short so I could go. Add in the fact we’ll get to visit The Kingdom of the Elves and I am so excited. I really need this break.
- Advent!!! L is so excited. I have sorted out his calendar with little chocolates. We have a family activity calendar as well. Then a lovely little puzzle he adds to every day. Plus the elves. Christmas is my thing, it’s what I’m good at and I put a lot of effort in. It is so fab to see it all coming good and L loving it so much.
- A truly amazing day with L. We had an hour of cuddles in the morning. Went into the city for an opticians appointment, where he helped me pick out new glasses. The we had a walk to see the Christmas lights and store displays. Followed by a McDonald’s as he had been just so good. When we got home we decorated the tree, L put the star on top and hung lots of the baubles, I have been good and left them where he put them. My friend came round to cut our hair, which he sat very still for and for the first time wasn’t on my lap. It was just one of those odd perfect days.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I very much doubt I’ll be writing a round up next week as we will be on our little holiday, so I’m going to try and back off from all things digital for a few days.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.