For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Apart from a dreadful migraine this week has been good. Busy, crazy, fairly stressful but good. If I’m honest things feel a bit more normal now, more calm, I don’t want to jinx it or anything, but I might just be finding my groove.
So here they are, my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting all up to date with things and spending the afternoon blogging with L. He uses my travel keyboard and types away as I do. He has fun and I get stuff done. It never lasts long but 30 minutes extra is all you need sometimes.
- Feeling ridiculously ill the other day it was hard to pick three moments, but I did. One from that day was curling up and sharing an entire tin of shortbread with L. I should point out that it was only a small tin, not that it excuses much. In reality it comes down to feeling too ill to parent properly and taking whatever win you can from a day and if that’s the peace and quiet a biscuit brings, then so be it.
- Spending an afternoon as a family watching the Secret Life of Pets, drinking hot chocolate and eating popcorn. Husb and I fell asleep, so will have to watch the end another day. L loved it though, we were regularly woken by his laughter.
- Finally checking out the soft play at a nearby garden centre. Considering it was a weekend and it was raining, the worst time to visit any soft play, it was actually rather nice. We got to wander round the garden centre, which also has some other shops attached. L got a new umbrella, something he’s wanted for ages. I got some heathers for the garden. Then it was play time, it was clean, quiet and had enough tables and chairs for everyone, so we could sit down and enjoy a drink and a scone whilst L played. Which because it is only small and he could see us at all times he actually did. Winner.
- Going for a very nice, very cold walk together before I headed off to work. It was a squeeze fitting it in but I’m so glad we did as it meant we got some proper family time and that I also got some fresh air and a walk.
- My boys coming to see me at work and catching me just as I was about to go to lunch, so we all nipped to the Costa next door and enjoyed some time together.
- A snow day! Lots and lots of actual snow. It started just after I dropped L at nursery though, so I didn’t get to enjoy it with him which I was a bit gutted about, but he did have lots of fun at nursery with his friends.
- Playing with our Zappar App and book, hours of fun right there and we had a real giggle.
- Getting a delivery of Paw Patrol Illumi-mates and watching just how excited L was about them. The batteries are already dead, he’s been keeping them on all night and for most of the day, they are definitely a big hit.
- Finally making use of the Google Scan app so that I can scan all of the lovely arty things L comes home from nursery with and clear away some clutter! Keeping them all digitally is far more practical than physically storing them somewhere.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.