For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
My winning streak has come to an end. I have been feeling tired and stressed and struggled to find any motivation this last week. A long way from calm if I’m honest.
Things have gotten on top of me a bit and I’m desperate to get that winning feeling back. The previous few weeks I had been so organised and positive. I know exactly what has changed, well built up, but it’s hard to counteract it as it’s not something I can directly change.
Regardless, here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Going to the most boring, three day long, training course in the world but meeting some new people and having a bit of a laugh. Plus I didn’t even get lost on the way there or anything. Quite a big deal for me really.
- Husb starting his new job, The fact day one was under his belt was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. There’s a lot more difficult days to come but day one is over with. Plus he loved is new job gifts from L. Some chocolate and a personalised tie.
- Going on a lovely spa day with my lovely friend. We chatted for four solid hours and had afternoon tea. All whilst relaxing and watching the snow fall. A truly amazing day.
- Getting a special valentine heart from L. He was so pleased with himself and rushed into the house to show me my ‘prize’. He was thrilled when I told him it was the best present ever.
- I was at work getting messages from Husb and L with pictures of the walk they were enjoying, when I turned round to find them in the shop ready to take me to lunch. I lovely surprise.
- A snow day. A proper snow day with enough to make a snowman. We had to be out early as it was all gone by lunchtime but for the first time ever I got to play in the snow with L. We made footprints, had a snowball fight (we beat Daddy by a lot, we make a good team) and of course built a snowman. Inside for hot chocolates to warm up by 8.30am, ha ha.
- Catching up with a friend and having a nice afternoon talking about all things blog and kid whilst our two played with each other, leaving us in relative peace for a bit.
- Finishing my puzzle. What a sense of satisfaction. My friend actually helped me finish it off. Turns out we are both closet puzzlers!
- Making the most of a weird day with L. He had demanded soft play. I Obliged. He refused to exit the car upon arrival. I drove us home. We ended up having a make shift picnic lunch at home and doing some crafts. The irritation of the morning disappearing whilst I made the most of his most toddler-ish (infuriating yet cute) mood.
- Making some very good enchiladas for dinner. I’ve made them a hundred times before, but this time I just excelled myself. I don’t know how, but they were epic. Very satisfying.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.