For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
These last 7 days have been engulfed with illness. I’m still not at my finest but everyone else seems back to normal. Thanks to a vile sickness bug L bought home from Nursery I don’t think I’ve had a full night sleep since last Wednesday!
There aren’t many pictures from these last few days, and nothing much exciting has happened but regardless here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- L coming home from Nursery with the cutest Mother’s Day flower. I love it.
- Watching L play some games by himself as I got on with some work. It was just one of those moments I realised how much he has grown. More self sufficient now. Needing far less of my input when it comes to his play. Just nice really.
- L has really got into baking recently and we have such a lovely time together I am trying to fit it in at least once a week. The post spoon licking picture is a classic. Sadly he never got to eat his brownies. He didn’t want one after his tea and that night he got so ill, they were gone by the time he felt better.
- That moment after a very rough night, with a very ill child when you realise he is on the mend.
- It was lovely watching L and James together on Friday as L was recovering. I don’t know if the cat could sense he didn’t feel well, or if it was just because he was quieter than usual and still, for once. But the two of them were inseparable.
- Thanks to a delivery from JCB Kids and L feeling better Saturday morning we had an Easter Egg hunt. It was a real giggle and we had so much fun.
- Saturday afternoon saw a quick trip to the zoo. The weather was perfect and we had a really good time. Saw the lovely new Meerkat pups and L spent ages watching the otters. Just perfect. Not long after this I started to come down with L’s bug though.
- I’ll be honest. As a whole Mother’s Day was rubbish. I got a card which was lovely, but ill which was not. We did make it out for a lovely walk though and went Gruffalo hunting. L loved it! Despite feeling awful I had a great time too.
- Getting a few hours to myself to read and nap, generally put my feet up and relax. This wasn’t a Mother’s Day gift or anything like that, more just being too sick to move. But you’ve got to take what you can get hey! I also got to watch The Notebook without interruption.
- The lovely, lovely weather meaning that despite feeling a bit ill still, L could still have fun in the garden. I love it when he plays i the garden as I get to just sit back and watch, which when you feel ill is just perfect. Fresh air, warm weather and an occupied child.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.