For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Hasn’t the weather been amazing?! We’ve been enjoying a lot of outdoors time and doesn’t it make a difference. Garden play is always an easy option for me, but when you don’t even have to worry about warmth and can literally just open the door and shove the child outside it’s even better.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- The weather! Some days it has actually been warm, especially in our sheltered little garden. The sun always makes me feel calm, as does being outdoors. The combination of the two is just bliss for me. I even love hanging the washing on the line.
- L has been great this week at burning off some steam and playing by himself in the garden. It’s so nice to watch him and his imagination at work as he digs, farms and builds.
- Having an impromptu picnic tea. L thought it was such a treat. I was just glad of the quick clean up it offered. Shake the blanket and done. A definite mummy win.
- Going for a nice walk, followed by a trip to Costa with L whilst we waited for husb to take an exam. The exam was a pass as well, which I’m very pleased about, yey husb!
- Being treated to breakfast. Dippy eggs and soldiers. L won though. His egg was dressed as a minion to go with his banana shaped soldiers.
- Watching L ‘help’ husb wash the car and then go off to wash his scooter. He was having a blast and it was really nice for me to just be able to watch them together.
- Now I might not be loving Facebook’s attempt to turn into Snapchat but L does love the filters and we had a very enjoyable morning playing with them. His little laugh makes me so happy.
- Getting Gin, yes Gin, delivered to my door for a review. Oh happy days. It’s bloody fantastic too. Mmmmmmm.
- Spending a lovely day out in the sun with L. We had a lovely walk, ran some errands, then popped off to our favourite place, The Station Bistro, for lunch. L loves it there as he gets to watch the trains and I love it as the staff are so lovely and helpful, they also serve some scrummy cakes.
- Catching up with one of my lovely friends. We hadn’t seen each other in too long, so it was nice to pop over for a couple of hours and have a good chat whilst our boys played.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.