For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
More amazing weather, bank holidays on the horizon and a clean house. It should all be good but a change at work has left me feeling uneasy and an ever growing pile of things to blog about is adding to my stress levels.
Regardless here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting in the garden and finishing off my garden to do list by cleaning out the solar water featres and getting them ready for the summer. I love having running water in the garden.
- L asking for cuddles and a movie. Who am I to turn that down. ‘Mummy I want cuddles and watch Minions.’ Housework can wait, cuddles cannot.
- I’ve had a couple of deliveries during the week, filled with things for L that we will be reviewing. It is just nice for me to sit back and watch him enjoy these things I wouldn’t be able to get him otherwise and realise that my blog, however small, is something for me to be proud of as it allows me to spoil L and treat him to all these amazing things and give him amazing experiences.
- I had a tough nursery drop off with L. For some reason he just didn’t want to go. But sweetly he asked if he could wear my name badge and was so proud as he was showing all his friends. It was a really nice moment for me.
- Sitting in my car on my lunch break. Just grabbing an hour to myself in the sun, eating my lunch and reading my book. It was warm and sunny and actually relaxing for just a bit.
- Watching L play in the garden with his new bubble lawn mower and flower spray toy that attached to the garden hose. The fact it was hot enough for us to be getting soaked was another plus.
- Laying on a blanket in the garden and reading in the sun as L played.
- Getting our new mattress delivered. I still can’t quite believe I’ve pulled this off, it’s one of my biggest blog reviews to date and I am so excited I could just pop!
- I had to pop into work last minute to help out. It meant I had to bring L with me and husb then met me at work to take him back home. Far from ideal. Thankfully L loves my work and my he loves my manager. So we gave him some jobs to do to help us whilst we waited for him to be picked up. I’m so lucky that I work somewhere that I can do that. That they understood I was doing them a favour and that it made it incredibly awkward on the childcare front. That they have taken L in and treat him as an honorary team member is even better.
- I’ve been working my bum off trying to keep on top of the housework this week, but it’s all worth it when L starts to help. He came outside to help me clean the windows the other day. He popped off to find his own sponge and helped. It made a boring job fun and just brightened my day that little bit.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.