For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
So last week I mentioned I was feeling stressed due to some changes at work and feeling bogged down with blog work. Well as I wrote I thought to myself that I could completely fix it. So I did.
I got my bum out of bed ridiculously early one morning and blogged my little heart out. Bam, one problem solved.
As for work, well, I’ve done what I do best. I’ve gone in with a smile on my face and a determination that regardless of the attitude of those around me I will be positive. That, coupled with a good bitch about my day to husb and a gin when I get home, means I’m doing OK.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days, they’ve been good:
- I managed to really get on top of the housework. Chucked out a lot of old stuff. I even treated myself to a new cushion. Just a little something but I love it and I want to keep adding a few new things when I can.
- Husb had a night out. A really late night out. So I filled it with blogging. I still made it to bed before he got home. I was certainly way more productive.
- On Good Friday we took the train to Somerleyton for a #RailAdventure. L loved the train and we had a great day out. We’ve even planned another one.
- As it was Easter at Somerleyton the Easter Bunny was visiting. L is usually very weary of these characters. He’s interested but would never go to meet them. Friday, however, he had to go and chat to the bunny at least three times and kept on asking for his photo to be taken. It was really heart warming.
- Easter Sunday was a lovely relaxing day. We started with a fun breakfast. I know it looks like a cat but it’s supposed to be a rabbit! Followed by an egg hunt and relaxing afternoon at the in-laws.
- Husb has got a few days off so we went on one of our favourite days out. A trip to the zoo. It was lovely and sunny. A really nice day. L has now clearly developed a love for meeting the characters, He stalked this poor lion around the zoo at one point demanding Gerry got a cuddle and a sticker too!
- I spent a lovely hour or so just cuddling with L on the sofa. He is really tired at the moment. Not surprising as he has grown an inch in less than a month. Meaning he has been very happy to just be still for a little while each day.
- Over the Easter weekend L got a fab delivery of Chuggington toys. Not only was he super happy. I was actually organised enough to get an unboxing video uploaded to YouTube and a blog written. So satisfying.
- After having written all about my favourite day trips, Husb suggested a visit to Cromer on Tuesday. Hurrah! L was so excited and wanted to make sandcastles. Cromer is definitely one of my favourites.
- Already happy to be in Cromer, we popped to the arcade whilst we waited for the chip shop to open. I need my battered Brie fix. Whilst L was busy playing a Minion version of whack-a-mole I completely won on the 2p machines. So very exciting. What did I win I hear you cry. Well, I won a whole tin bucket of sweets. Woop. Oh and L got to drive with Marshall which he loved.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.