For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
So for like the first time ever I have written up all my reviews bar one that, due to it being a mattress, needs me to use it for a while first. I know it won’t last for long as I’ve got some exciting stuff lined up but it’s a good feeling.
We also found time for ourselves this weekend, which was very much needed.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Although Husb had booked all of last week off work, I still went in. It didn’t seem worth me taking the time as L would be at nursery and we wouldn’t be doing any family trips on those days. So it was a nice surprise when he popped in to see me and take me out to lunch.
- Getting a lot of reading fitted in during the day. I always love reading nd have recently discovered a new author I love so am binge reading a few (four so far) of his books. Being able to grab any extra time to do this is blissful.
- Realising that I had booked L’s pre-school boosters for a day Husb was on holiday and that I wouldn’t have to go by myself. I hate taking L for his jabs and it was such a relief to have some back up and help. Turns out I didn’t need it as the little man is a real trooper, but that moment of relief when I realised how the timing had worked out was amazing.
- Walking miles and visiting places I had been meaning to for years. Husb and I had a great trip to Castle Acre Priory, which we hadn’t visited in years. Then we headed to Castle Rising which has been on my to-do list for ever. We followed all this up with a very long walk along the cliffs at sunny Hunstanton. Then on the way home we drove past anther little walk so stopped off to that too. It was lovely just to be able to do loads of little activities without having to worry about the time, or the facilities, or L’s mood.
- Husb and I had an actual evening out. Amazing! We headed to a diner husb had been wanting to try for ages. It was lovely. The food was great. As was the company. They were so quick serving us though we were home by just gone 9pm.
- Enjoying an amazing day out at Audley End with husb. It is a fab place to explore. Beautiful gardens, fascinating history and a really nice place to spend a grown up day out. We’ll be taking the lad back though, he’ll love exploring it too.
- Curling up on the sofa with a bottle of prosecco and a good movie. We watched Sully, which I just loved. It was a really nice way to end a really nice weekend.
- Getting my little boy home after his fun weekend away with his grandparents. I squished him until he told me off. So about 2.5 seconds.
- L and I had a busy morning running errands. Then we went out for lunch with a new friend. Now this was great because I do love to eat but also because it’s been nice to take a new work friendship out of work.
- L and toilet training have not gone hand in hand. Last month we finally cracked him staying dry throughout the day but hadn’t managed to get him to use the toilet regularly for his poo’s. Well, after 4 days of success I think we may have actually got there. It is such a relief. It taking so long really had me questioning myself and my parenting. Surely it was something I was doing wrong. Just night times to go now.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.