For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s sunny, the paddling pool has been out, I’ve got my blogging mojo back and I’m going to be featured in a real life, on the shelf, people pay actual money for it magazine on Thursday.
Whilst I could stop there, I won’t. Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting a few hours to myself to write and have a nap. I did feel like I had wasted my time by sleeping but boy did I need it.
- Spending a bit of time cuddled up and chatting with my little man. I love that he can catch me up on his day now and tell me about all the things he likes or doesn’t like.
- Bar one accident this week we have finally mastered going to the toilet. He had done so well with wee’s but taken a lot longer over doing a poo on the toilet. So when he managed a whole week without an accident we took him to Toys R Us and let him pick. Just night times to go now, but that doesn’t bother me so much.
- Trying out the new menu at Turtle Bay in Norwich. The review is coming soon but I loved all the new veggie options and L adored his kids meal. We had a lot of fun. The new menu is fab and certainly an improvement for me. I enjoy eating at Turtle Bay anyway, but now I’ve got more choice.
- The amazing weather at the weekend. We left the house on Sunday in pouring rain completely prepared to get drenched as we had outdoor plans for the day. I had even packed spare clothes. Then arriving an hour later to the most gorgeous sunshine ever.
- Going to Vertigo Adventures at Welwyn Garden City. The staff looked after us so well and husb and I had a blast. I only managed the low ropes, I was physically shaking with fear. The kids birthday party whizzed round it, no issue at all. Oh the shame 🙂 It was another review day, so I’m going to buy the next few days writing about everything!
- Enjoying a lovely walk around Stanborough Park, which Vertigo is situated in. It is so pretty and there are ducks and swans and all kinds of super cute baby birds, It was a nice way to wind down after such a fun morning.
- Making the most of our child free day and heading off for a pub lunch on the way home. The food was poor to say the least. The weather was good though, and a cider enjoying the views over the river was delightful.
- Another beautiful, sunny day and getting to spend it in the garden. Paddling pool came out. Fun was had by all. I love days when we can outside so easily and just have silly, splashy, warm fun.
- Finding out I am in the Blog Spotlight in issue 163 of Simply Cards & Papercraft. I met the editor Becky at my recent visit to the Hochanda studios but never in a million years guessed it would get me in the magazine. I thought she was just being polite if I’m honest!! So thanks Becky, you have literally made my day, well my week. Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 163 is out on Thursday if you want to check out my little spot in the What’s New section. Be quick because I’ll be buying all the copies, this doesn’t happen to me often!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.