For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
L and I have just had a nice week. The weather has been fabulous. We’ve been in the garden so much. Just being outdoors is so good for the soul. I don’t think I’ve felt this calm in a long time.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- We had L’s nursery catch up meeting this week. It was good to get some proper time to chat to his key worker about his drop offs and see what can be done to improve them but also to have a chat about how is in general after we have gone. Whilst we always chat at drop off and pick up, it is busy and we mainly just pass over key information. So it was nice to have some time. It was also fun to watch him with his friends. He got an ice cream when I took him home that evening.
- Going on a lovely bike ride with L. He is often a bit funny about coming out with me. I’m not fast enough for his tastes. But he wanted to so we went. Not a long ride, only 8 miles or so, but it was lovely. Plus we stopped off at a shop to grab sarnies so we could have a picnic lunch at the park. It was lovely.
- Friday night was Gin Night! The girls from work came over to me so I didn’t have to worry about L. We kicked husb out to the pub. then we drank a lot of gin and gossiped for the evening, all in the comfort of our pajamas. It was an excellent evening. I love having some new gin drinking friends.
- Father’s Day was spent at a local tractor rally. It was so hot L wasn’t really enjoying himself so we all went back to my sisters and chilled out in the garden. L loves his Aunty and Uncle and spent a lot of time ordering them about and playing with them, when he wasn’t just being adorable with his grandad. This meant husb and I got a few minutes to relax, nice.
- First barbecue of the season. Mmmm. Enough said really. Our old barbecue had broken so we nipped to the shop grab a disposable but ended up with a little bucket one. It’s not going to last long but it will do us the summer.
- I made up our new tent in the garden. Just to give it a trial run. L is obsessed with it. Despite it being incredibly hot he spent a lot of time in the tent. I had to drag him out after a while and bribe him into spending some time indoors to cool down. I’m glad he loves it though, I’m looking forward to taking him camping.
- Spending extra time in the garden has been a big of feature of the week. It’s been nice to have a new spot to blog and a new spot to eat. Very relaxing.
- Catching up with a friend I hadn’t seen in a while. We took the boys to the park. We chatted and had a lovely time.
- Going out with L to get the rest of the camping bits and ending up having lovely lunch out with him. A very nice way to spend my afternoon.
- Going into work to close the shop as someone had let us down and due to the timings having to bring L in with me. He loved it. He came and had a drink with me in the canteen, the sat down and did some important paperwork before helping is by doing the ‘brooming’. That’s sweeping to the rest of us. All before husb came to pick him up and take him home for bed. I like that I can share a bit of my job with him.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.