For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
The biggest highlight from this week has been camping. Great people. Beautiful location. Fab weather. We’ll be doing it again.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Not one but two good nursery drop off’s. Maybe, just maybe, we’ve turned a corner and he’s got over whatever upset him. I thought Wednesday might just have been a fluke. I had told him I was picking a friend up and couldn’t be late. So he was very obliging. Friday was just as good though and with no reason other than a picture of his cat to show people.
- Heading into London for my first Christmas in July (well June) event. It’s my favourite season, so it was good to kick it off with a fab show from Morrison’s. I’ve got plenty more coming up so I’m very excited.
- Getting home from London in time to pick up l from nursery and sharing a Christmas Gingerbread with him. He thinks it’s Christmas all year, so it didn’t confuse him at all, it was an exciting moment to get a Rudolph gingerbread though.
- Getting through loads of work. Housework. Blog work. All of the work. Thursday just saw L and I flying through a to do list. I felt like an awful parent as he spent too much time with YouTube but it lifted a massive burden from my shoulders just knowing I was up to date. He did come in for cuddles whilst I typed which was cute.
- Eating my lunch in the car at work. It’s only a little thing but it means I get outdoors during the day and have a few minutes to myself. It actually makes a big difference to my day.
- Heading down to the New Forest to go camping! It was a long journey and everything went wrong but by the time we arrived we were laughing about how bad it had been. It was comical. Even the ponies wouldn’t let us pass.
- Exploring the New Forest with the Park Rangers and watching the children have such a great time. We all joined in and found bugs, made our own National Parks and learned a lot about what makes the forest special.
- Meeting Chris Packham. Enough said really. He was lovely and incredibly knowledgeable.
- Exploring the New Forest by bike. We had a lovely long ride in the sun and I even saw a deer, the boys missed it though. Some of the hills had me beat and I had to walk. It was a beautiful way to explore and see the sights.
- Going to see my grandad for his birthday and watching L play with them. I am so lucky to still have my grandparents and L is even luckier that they are such good health and able to play with him. It’s a pleasure to watch and always makes me smile.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.