For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Well last week got away from me. So instead of ending up a stressed pile of mush I took a bit of a blogging break. There’s only so much one girl can do! So this week I’ve picked my top ten moments from the last two weeks.
So here they are, my top ten moments from the last 14 days:
- Heading off for a weekend away, just me and husb. It was nice to have some grown up time and just chill out a bit. Plus L loved staying with his grandparents.
- Exploring Barnard Castle. I had wanted to visit when we were staying in County Durham a few weeks back, so getting to go back and do it was a real treat.
- Getting husb into a spa for the first time ever!! This is a big deal for me, because as you know I love a spa. It was nice to share the experience with him. He really enjoyed it too. Having outdoor hot tubs over looking a beautiful lake and beer in hand helped, I don’t think he realised beer was an option at a spa. I’ll never stop him now.
- Our beautiful suite at Wynyard Hall. Oh my word. Luxurious doesn’t quite cover it. I spent the weekend pretending I was in Downton Abbey 🙂 I can’t think of a nicer place to relax or to spend a belated wedding anniversary weekend. We had gone camping for actual wedding anniversary, this was a bit different!
- Getting home to my little boy! No matter how much I crave time away from him and need a break, I miss him the second we are apart. I may have cried pretty much all day on Friday knowing we would be apart for the weekend, I was a mess. So getting home and cuddling him until he made me stop was the best.
- Going to the zoo with one of L’s friends from nursery. It is lovely he making friends. Lovelier still he chosen a friend whose mum I actually get on with, I think we may become friends and that’s quite exciting. None of my friends have kids the same age as L, so it was nice to have someone to talk to who gets what it’s like at the moment. Not remembering, or guessing, or just being sympathetic, but someone who is actually living it.
- Getting my writing mojo back. I had felt so completely and utterly overwhelmed with life I had fallen really behind with writing and blogging. Having a day to myself on Friday saw me get back into the swing of things and catch up a bit. It was a relief and just really nice to be doing something I enjoy so much.
- Our first ever family festival! We went to Jimmy’s Farm Festival on Sunday. I was going to visit Beaba and attend a workshop with them but it meant we got to all go to the festival as well. Getting to watch L have a dance to Dick & Dom and his face when Justin Fletcher came on stage was priceless. We got to watch our first live band in an age too. We used to go to gigs all the time but haven’t really since L came along. Money. Babysitting. Time. Other things have taken a priority. So for me that was really special too.
- Going to visit the Fire Engine that had stopped at our local Tesco to help do car seat checks. L got to sit in it and try on a helmet. He chatted to the lovely fireman for ages. It was lovely and I was actually quite excited too.
- Going out to lunch with a friend and getting the largest ice cream ever to share! I thought L’s eyes were going to pop out of his head. It was nice to have a catch up too.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.