For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
I have flown an owl. If anyone who knows me is reading this they will realise just how exciting that is for me. If you don’t know me I love my family, reading, owls, gin, cheese and chocolate. In that order. Yes I love owls more than gin.
There has been more than just meeting owls though so here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- On Friday I got a call at work from the nursery. Before I even answered I was already planning for getting my colleague back from his break early and calling the duty manager explaining I needed to go home. But…. it was good news! L was calling, with the help of his key worker to tell me he had gone to the toilet at nursery. Hurrah. He wanted a present and for me to wrap it with paper. So that is exactly what I did.
- L and I nipped into town to get the cat’s prescription *bleeding expensive* food. He is still not well. Then we went for a lovely walk by the river and had a little walk around town. It was a nice way to spend the morning.
- Husb and L heading off to the zoo so I could have a bit of time to myself. I didn’t get much done by the time they actually left but L loves his daddy days and that makes me happy.
- Getting to meet and fly two beautiful owls. It was lovely. They were lovely. I could have just played with them forever.
- Heading out to Giraffe for a nice post owl flying lunch. L was very against the idea, having just woken from a nap, but the brilliant waiter bribed him through the door with the promise of a toy giraffe, fiddled with the menu so he could have the red smoothie he had requested and was generally brilliant with him. It turned the rest of day around. The food was pretty scrummy too.
- Going to see Cars 3 at the cinema with L. All three of us had been really looking forward to seeing it. It was certainly no disappointment. I’m so happy the cinema is now something we can do with L.
- L had a rough night on Sunday and ended up in our bed in the early hours. He still didn’t settle well and we all ended up having a pants night sleep. But I can’t help but enjoy these nights with him snuggled in close. Just breathing him in. Even if it’s like sharing the bed with ninja hot water bottle.
- Monday clearly saw the cause the rough night. L was filled with cold. So to make up for keeping me up all night he spent the whole day plastered to my side on the sofa. We watched films, we cuddled, we ate ice cream. Then I popped him off for an early night. He slept for around 14 hours!
- Waking up to a far healthier and happier boy. I love the cuddles I get when he feels ill. I love it when he is healthy more. I think he mainly needed the sleep. It was lovely to have him back on top form though.
- Getting to watch L open a massive parcel of toys. There are perks to being a blogger and watching his excitement at a heap of new toys is definitely one of them. We had a blast playing with everything too.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.