For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
This week has been nice and quiet, well as quiet as things get for us! Just blogging, working, playing with the boy. The flip side to not being that busy on the plans front, means I’ve thrown myself into the work side of things. So I’m just as exhausted as ever.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- An early wake up call from the boy meant an extra hour or so of cuddles. Got to take the wins where you can.
- After a fraught afternoon with an over tired and over excited child, I’ll be honest and say bedtime was serious highlight on Thursday!
- Taking some time out for myself. Just to watch some trashy tv and enjoy a chocolate bar. But with the house to myself. It was a real treat.
- Odd as it sounds, Friday night I was in the groove blogging and ended up being up until about 2.30am and sleeping on the sofa to not wake anyone. This is an actual highlight for me. It was a nice feeling being that productive. It was a great feeling afterwards having met a few deadlines and actually being ahead for once.
- Maybe not such an odd one, but on Saturday one of my daily highlights was a nap! L curled up with me to watch Paw Patrol and I had a decent nap. Winner o two fronts, I didn’t have to watch Paw Patrol and I caught up on some of that missed sleep.
- Getting an award at work. On one hand it wasn’t something I had particularly tried for. I always just do my best. But then, it is always nice to be recognised for hard work.
- I have started meditating again!!! I had got out of the habit and it is so nice to be carving out the time to do it again.
- Monday I was so on top of things it was unreal. I mowed the lawn. Stripped the beds. Cleaned the house. I blogged. I played with L. I even made us Tapas for lunch and chucked some stuff in the slow cooker for dinner. It’s not often I’m this on my game. Major smug face!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.