For my birthday last year I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
I have the worst headache and I’m struggling to function let alone keep up. It hasn’t stopped me having some good times though.
So here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Christmas Baubles filled with Gin. I need say no more. #Ginbles
- Actually spending some time crafting, for once. It’s not finished yet but hopefully I’ll find the time to get it all done.
- A lovely cuddly day with the boy. He is super affectionate at the moment and I’m making the absolute most of it.
- Enjoying my lunch in the sun. It was warm and bright and a nice peaceful hour. I also missed the torrential rain that started less than an hour later.
- Taking L for a scoot fresh after moving from four wheels to two wheels. He nailed it straight away but was a little upset that he had to work a bit harder now. He is getting so grown up.
- Visiting Castle Acre Priory, seeing a bat and playing hide and seek amongst the ruins with L. Such a giggle.
- Spending a nice day with husb’s family. We had a lovely meal. Got to have a nice catch up. His mum and I had a few drinks. It was just lovely and I always get to relax when we visit them. Which is so nice.
- Receiving the most beautiful necklace to review. A rose gold chain with three intertwined loops each one engraved with our names. One for L, one for me and one for husb. I have always wanted something like this and can’t wait to write the review.
- L spent a day with my in-laws and whilst I may have been a wuss and cried because I missed him I also had some time to myself and got loads of work done, which means I’ll be able to spend more time with him in the days ahead.
- Catching up with one of my dearest friends and her daughter. I got to give them their birthday presents and talk and just be with a person who always makes me happy. Friends who make you happy just be existing are the best ones to have.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week, or in this case month. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.
Disclosure – I was sent my Paperblanks Flexis in return for my honest opinion