This plus that equals…. easy toddler fun for tired parents
Here’s the latest instalment in my series of posts all about what makes our lives here at home tick. This week are a few things me and L do together to keep him happy, with minimum effort on my part, great for those days when you are just ridiculously tired.
- Colouring, a few pens and a colouring book and so long as I’m in the room to keep the colouring on the paper and off the walls everyone is happy and it takes about 3 seconds to set up and put away.
- Getting outside, we’re lucky enough to have a lovely garden and he’s at his happiest when he’s in it. I can work at my desk in the conservatory, sit out in the sun or run about with him. Easy, peasy fun.
- Pretending to sleep, this a really good one for the days when I’m just too exhausted to move. Simply lay on the floor/sofa/bed and pretend to sleep whilst a gleeful toddler happily ‘sneaks’ up on you to wake you up.
- Stickers, there is nothing that a sticker won’t fix. They don’t make much mess, they are fun for all and involve very little input from me, other than allowing myself to be stickered!
- Movie time, one of my favourite activities as it involves lots of snuggles and cuddles on the sofa and everyone is happy.
What things do you do to keep the kids happy when you are too tired to get really active with them?
Linking up with #TheBabyFormula