Who else struggles for space in their house? Hands up. I know we do and the older L gets the worse it seems to become. His toys seemingly multiply overnight, not to mention the fact that as he has grown his toys have too.
For ages now we have wanted to get him some form of play house, but we physically haven’t had anywhere to put one, apart from the garden and have you seen how much a wooden playhouse for the garden costs! To have a playhouse in his room would mean not being able to open his wardrobe. To have one in the sitting room would either mean not being able to see the TV or not being able to open the door, neither of which are good options.
Recently the guys from Stress No More got in touch to see if we would like to review two of their play tents. Yes, two. So like a crazy person I said yes. Accept I wasn’t being so crazy. You see they stock a range of pop up play tents from Jocca, meaning storage is not an issue.
They kindly sent him a Jocca Car Pop Up Play Tent and a Jocca Pink Pop Up Play Tent which is his castle. He loves them both. It was that immediate love, the excitable kind that means you barely have time to get them out of the bag before they are being played with.
So why do I love them so much, let me count the reasons;
- They are great value, the car is £19.99 and the castle is £24.99
- The pop up nature means they are quick to assemble. The car takes around 5 minutes, with only 4 tent poles to insert through external slots. The castle takes a little longer, maybe 10 minutes. Mainly because the tent poles need to be attached inside the castle.
- They are quick and easy to dismantle. Remove and fold the tent poles. Twist the play tents themselves, into circles and place inside the round, zipped, storage bags that are supplied. They twist/fold up like those pop up car shades you get. A little fiddly but not difficult.
- Because they store away in the bags and lay flat they can be stored away anywhere. Under a bed, tucked beside draws or cupboards, inside wardrobes. You name it really.
- The supplied storage bags have handles so you can take these little gems on holiday or to the grandparents house with ease.
- The fun designs encourage imaginative play and will keep the kids enthralled for years.
Is there anything I don’t like? Not really. They are light, easy to use and fun. The only thing I would say is that the ‘pockets’ that keep the tent poles in place at the base of the castle wear through pretty quickly, but this is easily fixed by popping a little bit of felt or fabric in the bottom of the pocket.
L loves his new play tents. The car is up almost all of the time as it isn’t quite so big as the castle and makes for a great place to store all his cuddly toys when not in use. The castle has been getting put up most days and gets packed away every night. It will probably be making the permanent move to my parents house soon as they love the idea of having a toy like this for him at theirs that they can store away easily when he’s not over.
I would thoroughly recommend these play tents to anyone. The service we have had from Stress No More has been excellent. the shipping was quick. Packaging excellent. Most importantly the product is just spot on.
Disclosure – we were provided with our play tents in return for our honest review. All opinions are my own.