For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Wow things have been busy this last week. I had a few days off work which was nice, apart from the fact I just worked at home instead!! We did have a nice family day at the beach though.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- We had a nice Valentine’s Day. I wasn’t working and L was at nursery so I was super productive. Always good. But we finished off the day with some great food and a bottle of fizz. Now that was nice.
- Popping into work on my day off to have lunch with my friends. I’m really glad I’ve made such lovely friends at work. It makes life so much easier. Especially in such a small team. They all love L too which is great, they’d even bought him a little valentine’s gift which made his day.
- Our family day out! Started off with breakfast at the Station Bistro, neither boy had forgiven me for going without them a few days previously. Then heading off to Hunstanton for the day.
- Having fun look round the Hunstanton Sea Life Centre. I love the Seal Hospital there and L loves searching for Nemo and Dory. So cute.
- Buying a cheap net, bucket, spade and kite and having a blast on the freezing beach. The rock pooling was pointless, we did get loads of great shells whilst we were digging though and I loved kite flying. The kite was definitely for me, it is an owl kite, so much fun.
- Husb and I had a child free together on Friday so we of course spent it doing paperwork and never left the house!! We did make a good amount of headway into our extension plans and talking to the mortgage company though. Then we researched holidays and before you know it they day was done.
- I got to work all day Saturday whilst the boys went to the beach, clearly unacceptable, so when I got home I booked our holiday. A nice little all inclusive number in Turkey. I am so excited.
- Sunday was an odd day. L and I had a pleasant morning chilling out in the house but when we all decided to head to the zoo he was horrible. The pictures might look like we were having fun, but trust me, we were not. What was nice was to get out and have some fresh air and a good walk.
- A day of organising and sorting out odd jobs with the help of my little man turned out to be quite fun. Laundry is always easier with a helper, as is replying to emails whilst getting great cuddles.
- L asking to watch Fred Claus. I’m all up for Christmas films any time of the year. It was funny watching him get really worried when he Santa got sacked and cheering on the elves when they were working to get enough toys made. It wasn’t how I planned to spend my time but a chilled out movie day was just what we needed.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.