For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Oh my word the snow. There was just so much. So much.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Snow day number two. So much more snow. So deep and really fun. Husb couldn’t get into work so he worked from home, he was slightly in the way, but it was nice for L to have him home and we all had a lovely walk in the snow for his lunch break.
- Work being so understanding that I needed more time off for snow day number three. It was one less to stress about. I worry about letting people down and not getting in, but when the snow plough got stuck in our village I was fully aware my little car stood no chance, plus nursery was shut anyway.
- Surviving snow day number four. It wasn’t a fun day. I have very little positive to say about it. But we got through, so that in itself was a positive. Husb took L for a walk on his lunch break so I could have a few minutes peace. I needed it.
- Going into work early on Saturday. I usually start at 4pm. I went in at 9am!! The reason was twofold. One, I needed to make up my hours after all the time off I had to take because of the snow. Two, I so desperately needed to get out of the house. I was starting to feel a little stabby. Another positive was being able to leave the village to buy food.
- The boys coming in to see me for lunch whilst I was at work on Sunday. I hate working Sundays with a passion so it made it a nicer day for me and I really appreciated husb battling his way through the car park to see me.
- Dropping L off at nursery Monday morning. I’ll be honest after all that snow and him being stuck at home, he needed nursery as much as I did. Things were fraught. So to drop him off, all happy and excited, was a real treat.
- A delightful bloggers brunch at intu Chapelfield. It was lovely to catch up with their marketing team and the beauts from Plain Speaking PR. It was also really nice to hang out with some other local bloggers for the morning, some I’d met, some I hadn’t. Plus we were spoilt rotten.
- A fabulous afternoon with L. We had lunch with my friends in Costa. L was a delight round the supermarket, actually being helpful. Then when we got home he played nicely whilst I put everything away, only stopping occasionally to give me a hug. After the horrors of cabin fever filled snow days it was a well needed afternoon of niceness.
- L sitting and reading books at the library. It melted my heart. So cute.
- Spending 4 hours at soft play. Yes that is most people’s idea of hell but hear me out. I had great company with a lovely mummy friend of mine. The kids barely needed our input. There was hot chocolate with marshmallows and amazing scones. Did I mention the kids played happily, with very little input from us for FOUR hours!! It was the perfect day.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.