For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s been a week of highs and lows. L has been really tired, as have I, that’s never a good combination!!!!
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- L heading off for a sleepover with his grandparents. He’d been saying how much he didn’t want to go which had been making me feel awful. Even though I knew it wasn’t true. So when I eventually got some updates that he was having a nice time it made me feel a lot, lot better.
- Catching up with a friend I hadn’t seen in three years! It was great to go out to see Feeder with him, just like we used to. I think it’s the third time I’ve seen Feeder with him. Fabulous catch up.
- Seeing Feeder. They were epic and I had been looking forward to seeing them so much. The first of two bands this month. Absolutely brilliant night.
- Going to check on the boy before we turn in for the night to find him fast asleep, book still propped up on his knees and his cat asleep next to him. He woke up during the night crying for me and the cat was still there, so after a quick cuddle with me he just lay there fussing James until he dropped back off. Who would have thought a cat would be so helpful.
- Enjoying a fun morning playing with the kid. Silly games and new toys kept us entertained for ages. His mood can turn at the slightest thing currently so I’m making the most of the fun times.
- For Mother’s Day L got me the biggest card ever and a lie in. He actually slept until 7am so I got a leisurely morning, even if I got up to check on him, so unusual is it for him to sleep so late I worried something was wrong!
- I got a little bag of chocolates at work on Mother’s Day. All the mum’s who were working did, just a little thank you for coming in when they knew we would have preferred to be at home with our families. A really sweet gesture.
- Whilst I was at work on Mother’s Day L helped his Daddy decorate, the oven got cleaned and the garden was tidied up. Not bad I don’t think. Not bad at all.
- It’s fair to say we have had some trying days with the kid recently, nights have been tough too. Any excuse not to go to bed. Though finding him playing with the cat was not what I expected. It’s hard to be firm with him and send him back to bed when he is being so flipping cute.
- We got some fancy new smart bulbs and L adores them. He got me to change the colour then curled himself up in our bed and just got on with enjoying them!!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.