For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s been mild. It’s been freezing. It has snowed, rained and been so windy I thought we’d lose a fence panel or two. I mean honestly, what is going on, we’re well into March!!
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting home from work to find a tree made of sweets. Enough said really.
- Meeting my friend for lunch as a reward for L, which is also a reward for me. He had his hair cut and despite hating it was very well behaved so I offered to take him for lunch and he chose ‘Costa with my girls’. His girls are my friends from work so it really was a win, win.
- Getting L a Lindt Bunny, all gift wrapped in a bunny bag filled with fake flowers and shredded paper, sorry, grass. We’re not going to see him until later on Easter Sunday as we’re off to see Fall Out Boy the night before so I wanted to pack him a little something and this is so perfect. It made me happy buying it.
- Waking to find snow and being curled up warm indoors, whilst actively mocking husb for going to play golf. Pa ha ha. Small victories and all.
- A delivery of holiday clothes brightened the mood inside, even if it was snowing outdoors!! That kid rocks his aviators.
- A very, very cold trip to the zoo to see the new Sea Lion enclosure. We only lasted an hour, it was so bitterly cold. It also ended in tears and whinging. But for a brief moment, watching the sea lions, it was just lovely.
- Cuddling up on the sofa as a family and watching Paddington 2. It was perfect and one of those things I pictured us doing together when I was pregnant and the realities of motherhood were yet to hit. But now, four years and five months later, it has come true. There may have been bribery popcorn and I may have got emotional and had to be comforted by the child’s giraffe. It’s an emotional rollercoaster is Paddington.
- Getting a notification on our Blink Security cameras and seeing a deer trot across the front lawn.
- Baking with my boy. The cake was rubbish but the process was fun.
- L just being the cutest kid all day. Happy to cuddle and play with his train tracks. He let me do some work. He ate all his food nicely. He danced instead of asking for the TV. In fact he was so good it’s got me wondering if he’s plotting something.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.