For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Other than a cracking headache over the weekend I’ve been feeling quite good this last week. Organised. Happy. In control. I have to think the change in weather has helped. A bit of sunshine will do a lot for my mood.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- An interesting chat with L about starting school. Whilst I’m trying to pretend it’s not happening, he’s actually quite excited. He had a book about a school bear and we chatted about going more days than nursery, but the days being shorter. Making new friends, but still seeing is nursery friends and the weekend if he wanted. Getting to play with new toys and having a large outdoor playground. Mainly he is excited that he will be able to take his bike to school every morning and not have to go in the car like he does for nursery. It wasn’t a chat I had planned but it made me feel so much better about the whole thing. If he is excited then I am excited. Simple.
- Thursday was L’s day with his grandparents and I got so much done. So much!! I amazed even myself. The plan had been that I would get ahead this month and Thursday really saw that happen. It also meant when I was feeling unwell this weekend I didn’t have to stress about deadlines. So even without lifting a finger all weekend I’m still in a decent position.
- Getting home to all the parcels! L had a new puzzle. I had some new craft projects, so excited to start them. I had also order a new lamp for the living room and another TP-Link bulb as I’ve been so impressed with the ones I reviewed recently.
- Having fun making a puzzle with L. He’s gotten so good at things like this. I’ve really noticed how his attention span has increased recently. He is really growing up.
- After an awful night of sleep on the sofa thanks to a small child invading our bed, I went into work and was well and truly looked after. Down to painkillers being popped out of the packet and placed in my hand. It’s not often I get to be looked after, I’m normally too busy looking after everyone else.
- Husb taking L off to his friends birthday party so I could have a few hours to feel ill in peace. I had a bath. I watched trashy TV and I took all the painkillers. None of that could have happened if I was at a soft play birthday party, I was in so much pain the thought made me shudder.
- All three of curling up on the sofa to watch a movie and have a cuddle after the party. It was about all I could manage on the parenting stakes and it was nice to have a cuddle with my boy.
- Going to the library with my boy. It is honestly one of my favourite things to do with him. I love seeing him curled up on his favourite chair reading a book. Fills me with joy.
- Catching up with a friend I hadn’t seen since Christmas. Our boys had a nice play and we had a really good chat.
- Winning a McFlurry with the McDonald’s Monopoly and being able to eat it all myself as the child decided he didn’t like that type of ice cream. Winning!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.