For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Easter, chocolate, great food and Fall Out Boy. That about sums up my week, but please do read on anyway.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Wednesday was a ‘special’ day at work on the customer front. I don’t know why people feel the need to be so rude. So when a customer gave my colleague and I a tiny bag of Mini Eggs each to say thank you for our help it really made our day. It mde the rest fade away.
- I grabbed L a little Rubble toy on the way home from work as he’d been such a good boy and he adored it and was just so cute with it. His little smile was just what I needed.
- L and I had grand plans for our day off together but we ended up staying home and baking a cake. It was lovely even if the child went over the top with the decorations. He’s getting to be quite the little cook.
- I worked on Good Friday but it meant the boys could have a day together, they played train tracks and just hung out with each other for a bit before heading off to the grandparents where L was staying for the weekend.
- Watching Goodbye Christopher Robin and eating all the bread and all the cheese. It was a very good evening!! Even if the film had me sobbing.
- Spending the day in London with husb before seeing Fall Out Boy. We didn’t go far. Just hanging out in the O2 as my trainers turned out to devices of torture. But we watched a film. Chilled out in the pub for a bit. Had a lovely evening meal. We just relaxed, it was lovely. We also got to use the Sky Backstage area before heading to the show which was a lovely way to spend some time.
- Seeing Fall Out Boy live was one of the best nights of my life, ever. Our seats were so far back but I didn’t care. They played a fabulous set, it really was just amazing. I would love to see them again, I would go tomorrow if I could.
- Sunday we headed to see some family friends with the inlaws for an Easter roast and pick up our boy! We arrived to find they had set up an Easter Egg hunt for L and really spoilt him. We had the most delicious lunch and just a really nice catch up. It was so enjoyable.
- It’s fair to say Easter Monday was a bit of a wash out. Our garden started to flood which I’ve never seen happen before. So we ordered in a pizza and watched loads of movies and waited for the rain to stop. (I even had a nap!) When it eventually eased we went out for a walk and did some serious puddle jumping. L was soaked and covered in mud. It was really good fun though.
- L requested we went to Norwich on the train. So we did. To be fair we didn’t do much else, just hopped on the train in Wymondham and then had a little walk around Riverside before popping back on the train. It made him happy though.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.