For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
I am so, so tired. A couple of bad nights and I’m just exhausted. I fell asleep on the sofa before dinner the other night. Woke up famished!
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Easter bargains. Not that we needed them but I grabbed some reduced price Easter Eggs and more excitingly I got a giant tub of pansies that was half price thanks to the wooden bunny that had been stuck in it. The tub yellow and bright and I think pansies are happiness in plant form.
- My Gin box got delivered and contained not just one bottle of gin but two! There was also chocolate and crisps. Mmmm.
- A day spent writing and getting really organised. I’m the most organised I’ve been for ages and really feel like I’m on top of things.
- Arranging a review trip to Cornwall. I’m really excited. I haven’t been to Cornwall since I was a child and I have such fond memories of it. I’m trying so hard to make sure L has the best Summer ever before starting school and this just adds to that.
- Putting my work uniform on straight from the tumble dryer. It was heavenly and I’m going to try and do it more often. Way better than leaving your school uniform on the radiator overnight.
- My Mother in Law coming over and fixing my whole garden. How brilliant is that!! She loves to garden whilst I only like the finished result. L got to help us and even though it was grey and miserable we all had a lovely time out in the garden.
- I have had two whole evenings off this week, both were delightful in different ways. One evening our broadband dropped, so I relaxed and just read some magazines and did a crossword. The second evening I fell asleep. Just like that. I hd a good hour long nap on the sofa, I needed it!
- Taking L to the Spring Fling. A day of tractors, animals and various rescue services. Now the whole thing wasn’t great, we nearly got stuck in the mud in the car park/field, there were points L nearly broke me with his whining and I spent a long time just queuing for things. But, and it’s a big but, overall L had a great time and was so happy telling his Daddy about it when we got home. He loved the tractor rides and cuddled in close to me and in one of the queues he just looked up at me to say that he loved me, ADORABLE!
- L asking me to work in his room until he fell asleep. It’s something he had started doing quite recently, never really gaining any comfort from me being in the room before, just distraction. So when he asks, I just grab my laptop and sit down next to him, typing away. I like being there as he drifts off, I find it very calm and peaceful.
- Sitting down with a very large Gin and Tonic.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.