For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s been kind of a normal week, for once. That’s been nice as I’ve been struggling with my anxiety a bit and feeling rather detached.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Sunshine. Glorious sunshine. It has been so nice to see the sun and enjoy the warmth. Shame it’s over already but it has been lovely for a few days.
- Getting to play with L in the garden before we all headed off to work and nursery. Such a nice way to start the day.
- Getting to chill out with L and have a nice evening after he’d spent the day with my parents. It was a lovely way to end the day.
- Watching L get excited to go to nursery and seeing the outfit he’d picked for himself. So awesome and super cool.
- Getting updates throughout the day about Daddy and L’s day of fun. They don’t get much time just the two of them, so a long day at work for me often equals fun for them.
- Going for a fabulous meal at Turtle Bay with husbs and then popping to the cinema to use a voucher we’d bought by mistake but wanted to make the most of. So nice to have some time just the two of us and the food was amazing.
- Going to my friends wedding reception. It was lovely to see her and spend the evening with a family I have known for so long. It also meant getting to hang out with my bestie for a bit and having a pretty grown up night out by myself.
- Now this is bad, so don’t judge me, but L had an unsettled night. Nothing new there. But he didn’t realise I had got home from the wedding reception so he woke his daddy every time. This never happens and was strangely satisfying.
- Starting the process of hatching a new baby dinosaur with L. He is so excited! He even asked to buy one for his friend, so we did. How sweet.
- L’s friend coming round to play and watching them have fun together whilst I got to have a lovely chat with his mum. Even nicer as I was feeling absolutely frazzled as L had woken up at 4.30am and wouldn’t go back to sleep.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.