For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
So it’s quite short this week as I’m actually on holiday at the moment. I hope when this is published I’ll be enjoying a leisurely breakfast before hitting the beach and grabbing a G&T, because drinking before midday is OK if you’re on a beach!
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- My last Wednesday at work with my work bestie. It was a fun day. I shall miss her!!
- Our neighbours have been having their fence re-done and the builders popped by with a box of wine for me to apologise for making a mess in the garden. So sweet and really thoughtful.
- Admiring the difference the new fence has made to our garden.
- A lovely wake up hug from L. Doesn’t get much better than a wake up hug.
- A nice sunny morning to myself whilst L was with his grandparents, just writing and catching up on a few bits. Perfect.
- Spa day. Whoop. I was waxed from top to toe which I find very satisfying, I’m so holiday ready. I also had Hopi Ear Candling. I almost fell asleep, so relaxing.
- Perfecting my Risotto skills. I have nailed it now. It was delicious and it’s so simple I don’t know why I always found it complex. My new fave dish.
- Takeaway pizza for dinner. What’s not to love about that!
- A nice morning chilling on the sofa with L. It was far too early but we’ll gloss over that bit. He just cuddled in close said he loved me and watched a bit of TV as I got on with some blogging. I like that we can kind of do these things together.
- Leaving the house to start our holiday adventure!!!!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.