For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
I’ll be honest, this week it has been very hard to remain positive. After my car developing issues and my laptop failing last week I was just about managing to hold it together. My website has since been hacked, now fixed, thank god and I got home tonight to find the cat had a giant abscess that was leaking puss everywhere. We have an airlock in our water pipes that is refusing to budge and one of the chairs for our garden set has broken, somewhat like my sanity.
Regardless, here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Losing some weight, only 3lb but it’s the first time I’ve lost weight in ages. I’m feeling really positive about Weight Watchers, it seems to fit well with my lifestyle, it’s not too restrictive at all and so far it’s working.
- Popping into work to have lunch with my friends, L’s fave treat, he loves his besties from work. Then getting him a little pin board so he could display some photos he wanted his bedroom. So cute.
- Slime time! I succumbed and actually had a really fun afternoon making slime with the kid, we got a kit that I will be writing about soon that was mess and hassle free and we had a blast.
- A mini cooking session before work. L and I love cooking together.
- A morning spent in the garden. I got to work in the sun and L played happily around me. Stopping only to bring me a pet snail and several woodlice.
- A lovely family walk through the fields, we walked for a few miles which was nice and actually had some time just the three of us.
- Watching husb have a very British BBQ. It had been sunny all day on Sunday so he got the BBQ lit, we only have a tiny little bucket affair, but it’s fine for us. No sooner was it going the heavens opened, it chucked it down. So I had much fun watching him dash in and out of the house trying to keep everything going. Hilarious.
- Meeting up with a friend of husb’s, his wife and their kids for a bank holiday day out and BBQ. We had a lovely trip to the East Anglia Transport Museum which we had never visited before and loved. Then we headed over to their house for a lovely BBQ and some water play for the boys.
- L actually getting on with another child that he had just met, playing nicely and having fun. It was nice to see him playing and exploring. Something even 6 months ago he wouldn’t have done. New people, new environment, well this would have equalled him being glued to my side for the duration, but not this time.
- Going back to the East Anglia Transport Museum just L and I. He had such a great day he just wanted to go back, so we did. We got to really look around this time which was nice and were there for hours. It was just a lovely, lovely day. We even had a cheeky McD’s for lunch on the way there.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.