For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
We’re in Bluestone at the moment and enjoying the good weather. Overall we’ve been having a good time but these last few days L and husb just seem to be a loggerheads and I’m stuck in the middle which is very frustrating. It’s hard when they are both in the wrong but one is a child and oe is an adult. Hufffff. I’m exhausted by it.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- A lovely walk into work from the car garage. Nice and sunny, crossing the train line and the river, just a pleasant start to the day. Plus it means my car is now fixed and not making a concerning knocking sound.
- Getting an unplanned day to myself. I have been picking up as many hours as I can at work, which means blogging has been relegated to the evenings. This means socialising has been relegated full stop. It also means any quality time with poor old husb has been lacking. So forgetting I’d arranged for my parents to have L for the day and therefore not arranging any overtime meant a little trip into town to run some errands. It also meant a day of writing and getting organised whilst watching trashy TV. Bliss.
- Treating L to a new giraffe toy. He saw a little Giraffe in our local One Stop and asked really nicely for it. I did say no as it was a fiver but then he burst into tears and explained how Gerry really needed a giraffe friend and this new giraffe would be so lonely on it’s own. He was 100% working me, but he was so sweet I didn’t care. Plus I was fully aware we driving to Wales the next day and figured new distraction for the car couldn’t be a bad thing.
- Losing a bit more weight. I weighed in a day early as we’re off on holiday for a week and it has been really pleasing to see the numbers on the scales get lower and lower. I’m still feeling positive and finding Weight Watchers works for me. We’ll see what a week away does, eek.
- Heading to Open Farm Sunday and meeting up with one of L#s friends and finding a second friend. It was a chilled way to start the day, even if it ended sooner than planned due a tantrum. Horrid at the time but looking back now we did have a few really lovely moments. He does love a tractor.
- A really good journey down to Newport for our overnight stop before Bluestone. It was an easy drive, L was a gem and we grabbed a Dominos on the way to eat in our room. Lush!
- On our way to Bluestone we stopped for a McD’s breakfast, I just picked a random one on route and it happened to be at McArthur Glen Outlet Village which had a great playground and a Cadbury’s Outlet. Child and Husband happy. Plus an hour enjoyably spent mooching around. We even picked up some new school shoes for L, my first bit of school shopping done.
- Getting to Bluestone nice and early, missing all the check in queues and having a lovely relaxing afternoon. We had some lovely food, a good play, grabbed our gold buggy and just generally relaxed. It’s so nice to be back and great to see the improvements they have made and enjoy the good weather.
- Meeting an owl!!! Always a favourite thing of mine. There is a chance I booked L on the Into the Wild experience at Camp Smokey purely so I could hold an owl. Dreadful I know! But he enjoyed den building, eating Welsh Cakes and not toasting his marshmallows, just eating them as they came and I enjoyed holding the cutest little owl. Winner.
- Sneaking off whilst husb was asleep in the lodge for a cheeky ice cream and a play with my boy. Ha ha. We’re so bad. Was nice for husb to nap and us to have some time together though.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.