For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Sorry there wasn’t an update last week. I had tonsillitis and was really struggling. I’ve been up to quite a lot though, so there is plenty to catch up on.
Here are my top ten moments from the last two weeks:
- Husb had a great time on the Sky Wires at Bluestone whilst L and I went on a little walk and then had some quiet time in the lodge. We went to the adventure centre and we even took L out in his pajamas to go and see the fairy village. It was a lovely day.
- On our last full day at Bluestone we woke to ducklings on our patio, L loved them. Especially when they came in! We also went on a really long walk on a hunt for fairies, seeing the magic sweep him away was probably one of my favourite moments from the whole holiday. We had visited the fairy village quickly the previous evening and he was just so excited to go and find them again we had the longest walk. Perfect.
- A very long drive home from Wales with a remarkably well behaved boy. We were travelling for nearly 8 hours if you take into account the stops and delays. He was a trooper though. Going past a giant convoy of tanks certainly helped, as did a couple of naps.
- We spent Father’s Day exploring Ely with Greater Anglia on a #RailAdventure. I felt truly dreadful but still had a lovely time. Ely is a fabulous city and well worth the visit.
- Foo Fighters!!! They were epic and we had a great time watching them. It’s the third time we’ve seen them live and they did not disappoint. Plus the stadium and surrounding area in Stratford was lovely, we had a great day exploring the Olympic Park.
- Wandering around London with husb, acting like kids without the kid. We checked out Hamley’s, M&M world, the Lego Store all without L. We also managed to stumble into the giant Brexit protest and go to the cinema to see Deadpool 2.
- Taking the boy and the cat for a walk. It’s always one of my favourite things to do and they are so sweet together. Daft cat will follow us anywhere, the school run will be a nightmare!!
- Just sitting on my bed watching the sunset. It was really pretty and very calming. With the scent of roses flooding through the widow it was just a lovely moment.
- Popping into Norwich after L finished Nursery to meet Daddy on his lunch break, we had a quick walk and magically found an ice cream van. The boys were chuffed.
- L’s friend coming to visit and a lovely morning playing, chatting and catching up in the garden. The weather has been fab so we let the boys go wild in the paddling pool whilst we had a good chat.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.