For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Woo hoo it’s still hot and sunny. I know it’s not for everyone but I am loving this weather so much. I’m getting a nice tan, I’m super happy thanks to all that vitamin D goodness and copious amounts of evening gins in the garden.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- I’m going to lead with the most exciting news for me. I have now lost over 1 stone, am fitting in a smaller size of jeans and according to my app have lost 5% of my body weight which brings loads of health benefits. I am loving Weight Watchers. Really loving it.
- Gin Night! I messaged the girls last week to see if they fancied making the most of my rather splendid gin collection and my lovely sunny garden. Of course it was a yes. So we chilled out with several gins and a delicious pizza. We managed to get hold of husb before he left the golf course to bring home more tonic water and a yummy dessert, he excelled himself. Then thanks to an air bed and boyfriends happy to give lifts no one had to worry about driving and we had a brilliant night. A night I really needed. I can’t tell you how much I love my friends.
- L had his first taster session at school. It went OK. I was the only parent who stayed as he would not let me leave, but he didn’t cry and did go off to play so long as he could see me watching. It was all a bit stressful but not as bad as it could have been. I know he gets bad separation anxiety so this will be a long slog. There was a distinct benefit to me staying and being the only parent who didn’t get away. I actually got to speak to the teacher and classroom assistant at length. I got to explain a lot about how he feels and acts and come up with a plan of action for his next session that I feel confident about.
- L and I popped to the opening of a new Lidl in our town. It was chaos. I have never been so stressed in a car park, ever! But the store looks lush and I grabbed a few bargains. Did the usual, went in for some food and left with random stuff including a golf glove. L got a free slice of cake, so he was happy. To make up for the chaos we then popped into town and found a Go Go Hare which have been popping up all over Norfolk. We actually had a really nice afternoon.
- We had a lovely morning at the School Fete. L only gets two settling sessions which won’t be enough for him. But as he was positive about his first one, despite it not going that well I wanted to build on it. So popping to the school fete made sense. He won some prizes on the lucky dip and hook a duck. Saw all the other children having fun. He got to show his daddy round the school. Thanks to the guys at Superzings he also got to give a huge bundle of toys as prizes for the lucky dip which he felt really good about.
- A chilled lunch at the in laws. Relaxing in the sunshine and catching up. There was also an epic water fight which was hilarious and even involved one of their neighbours. A lot of fun.
- Watching L learn all about growing vegetables as he helped his Great Grandad dig up some potatoes and beetroot, which made for excellent additions to my salad that evening. It’s so lovely that he has the chance to get to know his Great Grandad and I love watching them together.
- A sneaky little Costa trip with L. He had a really bad drop off at nursery in the morning so I was already feeling like the worst mum ever. Then we went to start buying school uniform, so even more emotions for me. But I didn’t cry or anything so a treat was in order and we had a lovely chat.
- A nice night watching I, Tonya and drinking a very nice bottle of Champagne to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We’ve been married for 9 years now. It might not sound like the most exciting of celebrations but we are both very tired and we do have a nice meal out planned for the weekend.
- Visiting Wymondham Heritage Museum. I asked L what he wanted to do in the morning and he asked to go to the museum by the library, which it is, so we went. We took his Great Grandparents (my grandparents) along as well and had a lovely visit. Cannot believe I had never been before, it’s a real gem. I’m going to have to go back without the child so I can actually read some of the information though!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.