For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
The sun has continued, how lush! We’ve just been making the most of it really. In between me working and the occasional movie indoors when the heat gets too much. It’s just been a really nice week.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Heading off to the opening of Predator High Ropes at Roarr! Dinosaur Adventure. It was a beautiful sunny evening and L loved being able to look round the park whilst it was closed. It was a really fun evening.
- My fave customer coming into work to add another phone onto his contract. He’s the nicest man and always says hello. It’s nice to know he keeps coming back just to be served by me.
- Waking up during the night to find L had made himself a nest on the floor next to our bed and gone to sleep. It was so sweet. I did offer up our bed to him, I’m not a monster, but he was happy in his nest on the floor. He’s asked if can sleep there every night, so that could be interesting!
- A really chill Saturday morning where L was happily building a train track whist I happily typed away on the laptop with frequent cuddle breaks. Just lovely.
- Go Go Hare hunting in Norwich. I was only expecting L to wander round and find five or so. It was super hot and he had been in a right mood all morning but he loved it and we tracked down 19! I’m going to take him back to Norwich to tick off some more, there is only another 31 city hares to go!
- Lunch at Turtle Bay. It is literally my favourite place in Norwich to eat. L loves it too. The fact we got to go and eat for a review just made it even better. Four cocktails and a slice of delicious rum cake also helped lift my spirits 😉
- Buying two Lilo & Stitch T-Shirts and a make-up bag from Primark. I never treat myself to things and I have no idea what I’ll do with the bag, I don’t wear make up! But I couldn’t leave without them! I love Stitch and everything was so cute. When we got home I made L sit and watch the film with me and he loved it, so now we have a new favourite film to watch together.
- Finding out a new boy at L’s nursery will be starting the same school as him and that sometimes they even play together!!! So flipping happy to know he will have if not a friend at least a familiar face. I’m still worried but that has really, really helped calm my mind a little bit.
- Catching up with a friend for lunch and a little trip round the charity shops. It was really nice to have a good chat and catch up. We checked out a local pub for lunch, we won’t be returning, but it was good for a laugh!
- Being treated to a lovely chocolate flapjack from the bakers. It was a real treat and absolutely delicious. Npt very good for me, but then treats rarely are!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.