For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It has been the most surprising and delightful week. Also stressful as it now looking like our extension may not go ahead, after we’ve spent thousands on plans and surveys and other preparations it now looks like Anglian Water may have scupper the whole thing over a 4 inch pipe. Hufff. But on to the good stuff.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Getting an email on Wednesday asking if we’d like a weekend break on the Broads Friday! I of course said yes and made a day working by myself with awful customers so much more exciting. It was cancelled Thursday, stress, but back on by Friday morning, whoop!
- Thursday saw me heading back to the opticians for my actual appointment that I had turned up to two days early! They didn’t mock me or anything, so professional. It also meant we got to meet husb for lunch. That made L’s day.
- Friday morning after finding out the holiday was back on I went to work for a few hours before rushing home to organise and pack! That evening was spent at the gorgeous Reedsmere Cottage part of the Broads Escapes portfolio sipping on the gin that had come in Craft Gin Club delivery that morning. Perfect timing.
- My parents came to visit us on Saturday and we had a lovely long walk through the fields in Potter Heigham and back along the river. It was a really nice way to spend the morning, even the walk ended up being a bit further than we had anticipated!
- A lovely lunch in Potter Heigham before my parents headed home and we went back to the cottage. I still had to go to work Saturday evening, we were so close and it’s only a three hour shift so it didn’t seem worth taking the holiday for. It was so nice to go back to the cottage and enjoy some drinks and a curry with husb just watching the world go by.
- Sunday we hunted down some more Go Go Hares and had a yummy pub lunch at the Fur & Feathers Woodbastwick. We visited our favourite Ranworth Broad and also explored Salhouse Broad which we’ve somehow not visited all the times we’ve had a boat out. Lots of little walks with plenty of stops was the perfect way to enjoy another scorching hot day.
- We stopped briefly at Wroxham Barns to see another hare, before I knew it L and Daddy were off to the funfair and spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying the rides. It’s funny how the day can change without any real plans, it was a lot of fun.
- Being absolutely shattered on Monday L and just pottered around the house and worked on some Summer Challenges set for us by VARTA. It was a nice way to spend the day, calm but fun, out of the heat and educational.
- We ambushed husb when he got back from work and pelted him with water balloons, highlight of my day for sure! L had been waiting on the front lawn patiently for around twenty minutes to make sure he could get him. Hilarious.
- Tuesday was spent swapping between playing in the garden and hiding in the house depending on which area was the coolest. We watched a couple of movies, both had afternoon naps and also got a lot of work done. Me catching up on some housework and blogging, L on the important task of moving gravel from one area of the garden to another and then back again.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.