For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Well he’s survived school, so have I, just. We’re half way through week two and going strong. Let’s see how long it lasts.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Taking L and his little friend out after school to treat them to lunch on a bus, we have a great local cafe inside an old bus and they love it, and to have a good play. We all enjoyed some good food, delicious cake and a lovely walk. It was nice to start making a new friend, I’ve got two mum friends to my name now! Mainly, it was just lovely to see L and his friend relaxing and enjoying some time together away from school.
- Having a little cuddle on the sofa with a happy and tired boy. It’s been harder on me than him, this school thing. I’ve just been missing him if I’m honest. So it’s been nice just to have some quiet moments when I get to squidge him.
- After school on Thursday L and I went on a lovely walk through the fields, we collected blackberries, watched the tractors work and then went home and baked. It was nice to be doing something together that was relaxed and chilled, but still out of the house.
- L’s new bed was delivered on Friday and the delivery slot I was given the night before covered the only hour I would be out of the house. Yup, the school run. So when they turned up early, twenty minutes before their slot, I could have wept with joy. I had been irrationally worried about this one tiny thing. Well, not so tiny, three boxes that took up all of his bedroom and a chink of the hallway!
- Turns out Friday was a day of deliveries. It seemed as soon as I got settled the doorbell rang again. But L got some lovely things to keep him busy and out of my hair, keep an eye out for a fab Halloween craft blog and some SuperZings news!! I was very grateful for the opportune timing, it meant I was able to make a start on building the bed.
- On Saturday we spent the whole day building his bed, literally until the second I was due to leave for work, but we got it built and he loves it. It is massive but I’ve managed to store so many of his toys we are reclaiming a bit of our living room!
- Sunday was a lovely day as we got to catch up with some friends of ours, we don’t get to see them enough but when we do we always have a fabulous time. A nice walk and fish and chips with great friends, how perfect is that!
- Getting back on track diet wise. It had been a tough few weeks, with a holiday, a birthday weekend away for my father in law, two restaurant reviews and stress eating about school. But last week I got myself back to where I needed to be mentally and when I weighed myself Monday I had lost all the weight I put on from the above things and a little extra. Whoop.
- We had a bit of a wobble on the way into school Monday morning. Hell we had a full on tantrum by the side of the road. It was his first day staying for lunch and he decided he needed a packed lunch, not a school lunch, when we were halfway there! But, he still went into school, pushed me out of the door and as it turns out ate loads for lunch. It was a weird one for me emotionally, but overall a positive.
- A super duper productive Tuesday. Ticking off to do lists. Getting things done that had been dragging for ages. A good walk in the sun. A nice chat with a friend and sorting out a pub lunch. Just that rare sort if a day when I really felt on top of things!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.