For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Whilst we are rocking our new day time routine the evenings and nights are taking a toll, everyone is tired and grumpy. It’s not a good mix. Generally though it’s been a good week, I’ve felt good about things, that’s always nice.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- I arranged for L to get a surprise delivery of balloons as part of the #JoyOfBalloons campaign with Qualtex. Just a little something to let him know how proud I am of him and how well he is doing at school. He loved them and it was brilliant watching him open them.
- L has been getting really tired at school, quite moody too, not a surprise really. So we have been trying to have some nice quiet, cuddly afternoons, after the shouting has ended at least. It’s been hard, but the cuddles are worth it.
- I got some amazing prints delivered from Posterlounge and was able to get them up and displayed to surprise both L and Husb when they got home. I’m so pleased with how they work in the house and they make me really happy.
- Husb finished work surprisingly early on Friday and was able to get home in time to pick L up form school. It was so lovely to his little face when he realised his Daddy was their to get him, so cute!
- L helped me make some great candles from this month’s Makerly Kit. He was really good at listening to his instructions and being careful with the melted wax. He was really interested in the whole process, turns out candle making with kids is a great craft! Can’t wait to write about it.
- We took L bowling for the first time ever on Saturday. We had a brilliant time. We went to The Bowling House in Norwich, it only has 5 lanes so was really quiet and just the perfect place for L. We had a blast and ended up staying ages. I’ll be getting the review written up this week.
- Had a lovely day on Sunday catching up with friends, friends who helped me entertain the kid and bought me gin. We all went to the playground, three grown women and one child, and just had a laugh. Such good friends to have.
- After a few days of feeling really ill, picking L up from school to find he had made me a flower and just wanted cuddles was enough to almost have me in tears. When he then popped his dinner stuff in the dishwasher to be helpful to me, well that just tipped me over the edge. What a cutey.
- L had his first Harvest Festival, it was lovely to see him sitting so nicely with his class and watching him pop his canned goods up by the alter.
- Going out for lunch with one of my mum friends whilst both our boys were at school. It was really nice, we did a bit of shopping, had a lush cheese scone and a really nice chat. Was lovely.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.