For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
We’ve been getting excited about half term, well mainly just me actually. I’ve been a bit of a social butterfly which is very unusual and I’ve actually been exercising a bit. I actually feel like I’ve got my shit together, now that is rare, long may it continue!!
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Last week I treated myself to a FitBit, I had amassed a substantial sum of Amazon vouchers and figured for once I would spend them on myself, shocking I know! I love it, so much, it’s working I’m stretching myself to hit the targets it has sent me and have already seen myself going from an average of 8,000 steps a day to over 10,000. It has also meant I am making sure I get my solo walk in every evening which has done wonders for my mental health as well as my physical health.
- L got surprised at school with a little birthday card and gift from one of his friends. He really has been so lucky and with his birthday so early in the term and him still settling in and making friends I really wasn’t expecting this. Especially as I didn’t arrange a party for him. Everybody’s kindness to him has really made me happy.
- I finally got to make L’s bed up with the lovely new bedding his grandparents had bought for his birthday to go with his new room. It’s lovely and he’s so happy with it. They’ve put me to shame really! I’ve really enjoyed adding all the finishing touches to his room.
- On Thursday husb and his friend went to the press preview night for PrimEVIL, mainly because I was too much of a wuss to go, in fact entirely because I was too much of a wuss. They had a fab night and I got the remote to myself for the evening. Winner, winner.
Friday night I went to a Tropic Party with some of the school mums and got thoroughly pampered. For starters there were chairs which as we had sold our sofa that evening and been caught short with no alternative seating other than camp chairs was a real treat! I also had a lovely facial, an amazing Malteser cake and some friendly chit chat for the evening. It was just lovely.
- Saturday morning was a right treat. Husb was playing golf and he took kiddo to his grandparents where he was spending the night as we had a wedding to go to. So I had the house to myself. All I had to do was pop to the postbox, so I did, via around 5 miles of gloriously sunny, if a little breezy, fields. The longest walk to our postbox ever.
- The wedding went off without a hitch, everyone had a nice time. It was nice to see my sister and her ever growing bump, even nicer to feel it kick along to the music. Plus I actually felt quite good about myself in my dress, which was a surprise.
- A special note has to go to my nan who was highly at the wedding. Not only did she barely leave the dancefloor all evening, earlier in the day she put a concerted effort into learning how to floss. I’m not sure I have ever seen anything so funny/brilliant/daft/potentially lethal in my life.
- Sunday was poor old husb’s birthday and we barely celebrated it. Just popped to his parents to retrieve the child and have lunch. It was a lovely lunch though and I got to have a chat and a drink (or three) with my mother in law. I did treat husb to a pizza that evening, so he wasn’t entirely overlooked.
- Tuesday morning L had his first wobble going into school, he really cried and hid behind me. It was really sad but I was lucky that my new friends helped look after me and I later found his new friends were busy looking after him. Plus husb was working from home that day so I had him with me for moral support which was opportune.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.