For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Happy Halloween everyone!! Half term is over and we had a great time. Kiddo is back to school and that all went off without a hitch, I had been worried after the break at home we might have a wobble about going back to school, but obviously he was fine. Whilst I miss having him home I am enjoying the return of our routine.
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- We actually went to Pumpkin Patch, it had been on my half term wish list but I didn’t think it would actually happen, let alone that husb would come along as well. It was brilliant, L loved it and we had such fun. I went all in enjoying pumpkin soup and pumpkin bread before buying a barrow full of pumpkins to take home. Absolutely excellent. Oh and despite going to a pumpkin patch a fair distance from us we bumped into to two of L’s school friends!
- At the Pumpkin Patch there was also a giant Maize Maze, another thing that has been on my wish list of things to do since, well, since forever actually. Definitely since before L was born! It was great. This was one of those days that we’ll remember for a very long time and will be hard to beat.
- Just to cap off an already great day, as we were driving home we saw they were flying from Lakenheath, so we stopped to watch the jets land and take off. Honestly, I was living my best life! We stopped for quite some time and just chatted and waited for more planes to come in or leave. Brilliant.
- L and I spent some time carving our pumpkins and getting messy. It was fun just being at home and chilling out but also doing something fun. Nice just being together and L was so good at scooping and carving. He dressed up in his costume that evening to surprise daddy when he got home from work. Just a fun day.
- I got to spend some time crafting and made my Halloween themed Sugar Skull from Makerly. I think that’s why I love their craft boxes so much. It means that I get some time to do something I love every month.
- We had a fun morning at home playing with a new board game L had been sent before we popped out to see one of my aunts. She hasn’t been feeling very well recently so it was nice to go and see her and L enjoyed getting to spend some time with her. It can be hard to find the time but it is was worth making the effort, she’s one of my favourite people but due to some weird family dynamics one I probably see the least. I need to ignore said weird family dynamics and just do what makes me happy I think.
- L and I popped to lunch with his key worker from nursery, it was great to have a catch up and chat. I have really missed his nursery, I had been seeing these people a few times a week for nearly four years. Trusted them so totally with my son. Counted them as friends. So that change has been odd for me. It was lovely that actually we can be friends and still see each other. L loved the catch up and popped in to say hi to everyone afterwards.
- The kid and I popped out for a lovely walk to the park and back. It was a stunning day, really cold but so sunny. We went to a park we don’t visit very often and just had a lovely time.
- We all went to the zoo to meet up with one of husb’s friends and his wife and kids. It was nice to have a walk and see the animals, we even caught a few of the displays we normally miss. We were so close to the vultures we had to duck as they swooped over us!
- Tuesday was a fab day. A me day! Unusual right. I went for a walk after the school run, just by myself through the fields. Then I popped to see one of my very oldest friends, if not my oldest friend, we just sat and chatted and caught up on each other’s lives. Lovely. Then when I got home I watched a show before heading back for the other half of the school run. L and I had a great afternoon together before I popped to work for a couple of hours to eat pizza and chat about the Christmas plans, so yes I finished the day getting paid to chat and eat free pizza. A pretty good day I think we can agree.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.