For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s been a bit testing this week, trying to fit everything and dealing with a very tired and irritable child and a very tired and irritable husband, which to be fair has left me tired and irritable. Fun times in our house at the moment!!
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- Husb was away for work Tuesday night, which meant I started my Wednesday morning waking up to find both the child and the cat in the bed! No wonder I hadn’t felt like I had any extra space. A good way to start the day though.
- I got to have a good laugh at the cat though, he somehow managed to get a fork stuck to the magnet on his collar (it allows his cat flap to open just for him) and was meandering round the house with a fork hanging off him. It made me laugh more than it should have done.
- At the reading morning at school on Friday we got to see our children’s ‘Busy Books’, a little record of what they’ve been getting up to. It was lovely to see all the pictures and get a little insight about what he’s been up to.
- I bumped into a friend at work who treated me to a hot chocolate from Costa, I found it on my desk. What a great start to the day.
- My latest Makerly box is a Needle Felting Kit to make a little robin. I’ve already completed it and love it. Honestly, it’s the most therapeutic craft, especially if you’re feeling a little stabby. Just trust me.
- Seeing my sister so happy at her baby shower. It was lovely to see her being spoilt for the afternoon. Plus, the afternoon tea was delicious.
- Seeing all the Christmas decorations around Norwich. I hadn’t been into the city for ages to see it all lit up and festive was a treat.
- A fun day at work putting up our decorations and having a real giggle with my manager. It was just a lovely day.
- Getting my haircut for the first time in a year, by a new friend whilst enjoying a hot chocolate, shortcake and all the chat. Was perfect!
- Going for lunch with a friend to the cafe at The Urban Jungle just outside Norwich I had wanted to try it for ages and we were both up for an adventure. Her daughter loved the Koi ponds and we got to eat the most delicious food, in a jungle, whilst having a really good chat. A well needed relaxing day.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK just because I love them.