For my birthday a couple of years ago I was given a great book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday since and on Wednesday’s (or late on a Tuesday) I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s been a bit testing this week, trying to fit everything and dealing with a very tired and irritable child and a very tired and irritable husband, which to be fair has left me tired and irritable. Fun times in our house at the moment!!
Here are my top ten moments from the last 7 days:
- A lovely day at home by myself just pottering around getting things done. Sunny but cold. Hanging out in my Christmas jumper and getting organised left me feeling super calm and really happy.
- Spending the afternoon making a Christmas Tree with L and finishing it off in peace during the evening. It took a lot of glue and a lot of pom poms but I love it. All part of a project for Hobbycraft, so keep an eye out for more.
- Getting so many offers of help when I was feeling ill. I still think husb may have poisoned me to punish me for having so much fun without him, whatever I had was short lived, but to turn up at school to drop L off and have so many kind words, thoughts and offers of help really made me feel valued.
- Still feeling ill after picking L up from school we watched a Christmas Movie together. Well buy together I mean he sat in a cardboard box on the floor as I dozed on the sofa. It was still a lovely way to spend time almost together and I was so grateful he was happy to do it and understanding that I wasn’t at my best.
- A bit more crafting for Hobbycraft, making some rather fabulous name places. You know sometimes when you picture something in your head and you just can’t quite realise it? Well this time what I pictured is exactly what I made and I love the finished result.
- I switched my Saturday shift at work so I could work in the morning, not the evening, allowing us to head off to London for the weekend. It was really nice to be able to finish early like that, so I treated the boys to a surprise takeaway Costa that I bought home with me.
- Exploring Audley End with L. Husb and I had visited before without L, so on our way to our hotel in London we stopped off for a couple of hours of running around and playing. It was lovely and just the way to spend a cold Autumn afternoon.
- Heading into central London on the tube and seeing L’s excited little face, he loves tube and had been excited about it all day. As it was quiet he then insisted on sitting by himself like a grown up. Too cute.
- Meeting Santa at Shrek’s Grotto. With rapping elves and plenty to see and do, it was a fab way to spend the morning. Not only did L get to visit Santa, he wrote him a letter and posted it, practised some Kung Fu with Po, played in the snow and made the most of the breakfast they provided us.
- Our tour of Far Far Away. After we had met Santa we got to experience the full Shrek’s Adventure tour. I had been worried L wouldn’t enjoy it but he loved it. We all really got into it and loved the story and all the little twists and turns. It was brilliant and I’m so thankful we were invited.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK just because I love them.