For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends to help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s been a busy couple of weeks, I’ve been completely disorganised which is why I didn’t write up my favourites last week but I’ve been busy having a lot of fun.
So here are my top 10 moments from the past 14 days, I won’t bore you with 20;1. Plenty of Christmas in July events. I love Christmas and getting to go to all the brand shows in July is my idea of heaven. Last year I had to miss them due to still being at the office and some very inconvenient tube strikes. So this year I’m going to as many as possible!!
2. Seeing the look on L’s face when he see’s me after a couple of days away. I’ve been so busy I’ve had to pull in baby sitting favours left, right and centre which is really unusual I’ve missed my little man a lot but getting see him when I get back and his pure excitement that I’m home is really nice.
3. Enjoying a few grown up nights out. Husb and I rarely go out of an evening together. Recently we had a VIP party for Herbert Woods 90th Anniversary and a wedding to attend so it’s been nice to get dressed up and go out together. Really nice to actually get to talk to each other, nicer still to have a few drinks and let our hair down.
4. Going to the cinema to the Absolutely Fabulous Movie by myself. I treated myself to a trip to the cinema when I was in London one day. I went all out, popping to the Odeon in Leicester Square, getting the good seats and a very large tub of popcorn. I had never, not ever, been to the cinema by myself before but it felt really indulgent.
5. Dancing in the car like a prat. L and I turned the music up and had a good old dance and sing song on our way home from swimming. Anyone driving by must have thought I’d gone crazy but it was just one of those lovely mummy and son moments that was completely unexpected and really good fun.
- Meeting new people and making friends. The beauty of going to loads of events is that I have met some completely new people, like Laura from Living for the Now who I was fortunate enough to bump into at Godiva’s 90th Birthday Celebrations. I also got to meet people who I had only really ever spoken to online like Kate from Love To Eat To Travel, we shared a few glasses of bubbly and had a great night at the Herbert Woods celebration.
Getting to hold a barn owl. I don’t feel that needs further explanation!!
8. Taking little man to feed the ducks at Wensum Park in Norwich and then having a McDonalds lunch. Such a nice day, really sunny, really chilled and really fun.
- Watching the motorbikes at Snetterton whilst L ran around like a lunatic. It was a free event, some endurance racing, so we just popped by for an hour but had a really lovely time.
10. Our wedding anniversary! We’ve booked ourselves a little mini break for September, but we celebrated the day with fizz and chinese takeaway, lush.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.