For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
It’s been such a frustrating week. So many potential clients interested in working with me but nothing that’s actually come through. It has been cathartic picking my favourite moments.
So here are my top 10 moments from the past 7 days;
1. Going out for an afternoon at the beach just husb and I. We headed to Great Yarmouth. It was nice to have a good walk and spend some time with each other. Sadly we went the same day there had been a massive fire in the centre of the town. It was horrible seeing the aftermath and I couldn’t get over all the people taking photo’s in amongst all their holiday snaps.
2. Fresh beach donuts. Mmmmmm. That needs no explanation. It was a real treat. Especially as we went for cinnamon sugar, lush.
3. Playing crazy golf. We’ve often mentioned visiting the indoor crazy golf at the Windmill Theatre in Gt Yarmouth, but for one reason or another we’ve never been in. It was so much fun. Completely tacky, but in that great beachy way. Christmas themed holes, Elvis, Beach, Mad Scientist it was brilliantly bizarre.
4. A long cycle ride into our nearest town. Stopping to grab some cans of drink then off to a park we rarely visit so L could run about a bit before cycling home. It was great to get a really long ride in and to have a bit of fun with L in the process.
- Having fun at the Wayland Show with L and my parents. Despite having lived in Watton for many years we had never actually been to the show. It was great, everything that The Norfolk Show has got too big for and left behind. Tractors, animals, stalls, shows and fun. To make our day even better a lovely young couple gave L the toy lion they had won on one of the games. He was delighted.
6. Baking yummy cupcakes with L. He really got involved. Maybe too involved. He measure, sieved, chose the fillings, made an awful mess, stirred the mix. He even broke the eggs, kind of into the bowl, with not too much shell going in. Of course he tested the mix for taste every step of the way. It was hilarious.
7. Going to the zoo just me and L. We go to the zoo a lot. We like it there, the staff know L and even his toy Gerry Giraffe. It’s an easy trip out for us and we always have fun. This trip L really took an interest in the creepy crawlies. They normally don’t fuss him. This time however I was having to find out what they all ate!
8. Spending a day out on the Norfolk Broads in one of the new Herbert Woods picnic boats for the day. I love being out on the water, it’s so calming. L had a blast looking for fish and even spotted a shark?! We explored areas of the broads I hadn’t seen from the water before and had a great day. We were so lucky with the weather too.
9. Having an amazing pub lunch at The White Horse in Neatishead. If you’re in Norfolk I would highly recommend it. The service was sobrilliant. L was well catered for, even if he only ate everyone’s coleslaw in the end. We all had great food, a few drinks and really relaxed and enjoyed ourselves.
10. L actually having a nap on the boat so I could actually really relax for an hour or so. I got to chill out with a glass of wine, maybe more than one glass, and just look out over the water. Bliss.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.