For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
You may have guessed from my posts this week I have really started to feel the strain of being self employed with no clients. That’s not to say we haven’t had fun though. I just reminding of it a bit more than usual, so I can’t tell you how much I’ve been looking forward to writing this.
So here are my top 10 moments from the past 7 days;
- It’s a boring one, but finally getting the advertising on my blog sorted out. It had been on my blogging to do list for ever. So any feedback about whether I have too many or they are in the wrong place etc. would be gratefully received.
- Making L a ladybird costume for his big toddle. I had left arranging his outfit until the last minute. Which is very out of character for me. So it had been really bothering me. But I managed to whip up a ladybird costume the night before and was very pleased with my efforts.
- Watching L play with his new pop up tents. He got a car and a castle. I loved watching him drag my parents in and out of them as well. Super amusing.
- Cooking a delicious lasagne for tea. Not only was it an ace budget meal. It fed us all for two days and cost under £5. It was also super yummy and really easy to make a veggie version and a meat version.
- Getting to see all the pictures nursery had taken of L doing his toddle. Especially seeing him holding hands with his friend and running together. SO cute.
- Nipping into Norwich for a job interview and taking L around the castle and castle gardens. He had an ace time with his daddy and my interview went really well. I still have mixed emotions about potentially going back to work instead of being solely self employed. But needs must.
- A lovely trip to Ickworth Hall with our friends. It’s a great halfway point for us. With lovely gardens and lots of space for the boys to go wild. We had a great picnic lunch and a good walk. Mostly it was just great to have a proper catch up.
- Having a lazy movie day with L. We cuddled up and watched a couple of films. Ate popcorn. Snoozed on the sofa. A really chilled out day which was just what we both needed. Mainly because L had a horrific night and had been up and down and ended up in our bed. I think it’s the heat getting to him but really why that means he has to sleep with his foot in my ear I don’t know.
- The second week on the trot we had a good swim lesson. He’s really doing it now. Actually swimming. Arms stretched and legs kicking. I don’t know what has changed to make this difference but I was all ready to give up and now he’s just ‘got’ it.
- Going for a nice walk with L and James. It’s getting to be quite a common sight for the neighbours now. Watching me go for a walk with a toddler and a cat. I find it a mix of stressful and perfection. It’s a lot to watch out for, a toddler and not so road savvy cat. But also just to watch the bond they have forged, the two of them, next to each other, it’s the cutest thing ever.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.