For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
I’m still really struggling this week. My emotions have been all over the place. Plenty of hiding so I can sob into a pillow and trying not to let L see it. I got the job I interviewed for, I’m just waiting for the formal offer. Trouble is I don’t want it. I really, really, really don’t want to to be an employee again. Honestly I thought that I would have enough time to pick up more clients before I got a sniff at any of the jobs I was applying for. I was only doing it to show willing. That backfired.
Now I know I’ll be spread too thinly to make anything really work. I’ve been loving blogging, mummying and running all the social accounts and building that up when I’ve had a moment. Now I’ll be working, mummying, trying to blog and working with my current client to do a great job for them but I won’t have time to give anything all the attention it needs and I know in my heart of hearts that if my new client goes that will be it for my Self Employed venture.
I’m devastated. This week more than ever writing has been my solace. The thing keeping me grounded and whilst my journal has been way more ‘ranty’ than usual, it’s still filled with my happy moments. As you can imagine, picking ten has been very therapeutic for me.
So here are my top 10 moments from the past 7 days;
- Having a long and productive phone conversation with a new client. We really clicked and had a lot in common. So as well as getting more business, yey. I really think I’m going to enjoy this one.
- I got a few really lovely and thoughtful blog comments. The kind that warm your heart and make you realise that not only people outside your friends and family read what you are rambling on about, but that they also care.
- Going on a shopping trip with L to TOFS. (You can see the video here). It was one of the most fun blog assignments I’ve done in a while and great that it involved L. We had fun, inside an actual shop which is insane and I got a few bits I really needed.
- Going to the opening of Turtle Bay in Norwich. It was fun to go to an event in Norwich for once and not have to travel to London. It was even more to get to eat and drink with friends, meet new people and have a child free night out.
- Having a courtesy car for the day. Since my car started making a weird knocking sound weeks ago, it’s been a bit of a saga. One that is still not over. But last week I got a courtesy car for the day. L loved it ‘new car mummy, new car’ and we had to go and inspect it straight away and go out in it. It’s always nice getting to drive a shiny new car.
- Going to see Bad Moms at the cinema. It was so funny. I nearly choked on my drink at one point. Husb did not enjoy it. At all. In fact that only made it funnier.
- A lovely nursery drop off and pick up where we got to witness the growing friendship between him and another little boy there. They walked off together hand in hand in the morning and when it was time to go home they had to say bye to each other, and had lots of cuddles. It’s nice to see him really making friends and I love just what a caring little boy he is turning into.
- Going to Castle Acre with the in laws. L had a fab time, he’s really into castle’s at the moment. It’s free to visit, which is perfect for a family on a budget. We also had a nice lunch and an afternoon of L being entertained at the in laws house afterwards.
- Going on an impromptu trip to the zoo. I do love having out annual passes. We hadn’t been there long before L loudly proclaimed ‘I need an Ice Cream’, he ‘needs’ a lot of things at the moment. It was fun to treat him though. Then we had a lovely walk before the heavens opened and we had to run to the car through the torrential rain. One of those really fun moments.
- A lovely day out where I got to tick two things off my summer to do list. We went to Parham Airfield in the morning, which just into Suffolk is another amazing free day out at one of the old American Airbases from WW2. Then on to Tyrrel Wood which was on the way home. We drove past it a while back, on a random drive in the countryside, so it got popped on the to do list. It was awesome. Lots of bridges and raised walkways making it exciting for L and easy underfoot. As well as lots of twisty trees to climb on and run around.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.