For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
I just don’t seem to be able to get a break at the moment. As soon as I think things are looking up, I get knocked back down again. Last week I felt great in my decision to focus on my Social Media Management work, now I’m back to square one with no clients and no money. Feeling incredibly foolish and selfish for turning down a perfectly good job offer.
My head is all over the place and I’m just not sure I’ve got it in me to carry on with this. I’m still really focusing on my blog at the moment, which is great and bringing me a lot of satisfaction. It doesn’t make money though and I do need money. I just don’t know what my next move will be. I Just Don’t Know.
I know I could do with a bit more support at home. L is great but offering me drink from his bottle and lots of hugs whilst super cute, isn’t quite what I need. Husb tries but as he doesn’t have a positive bone in his body, honestly he doesn’t, so he isn’t exactly what I need either. Thank god for friends.
Despite this I’ve loved picking my top 10 moments from the past 7 days, because they’ve been flipping awesome, so here they are;
- Going for a lovely long coastal walk around Southwold, my favourite seaside resort. Walking is good for my soul. Southwold is good for everything.
- Taking L to Bressingham, walking round the stunning gardens and going on the steam trains. It’s a fab day, if a little expensive, but thankfully we had vouchers.
- Discovering Holt Country Park. It had been at the back of my mind as somewhere I wanted to go for ages, but it hadn’t even made my summer days out to do list. But we were that neck of the woods thanks to a car service (one that turned out to be a bargain, another good thing) and it is lovely. Lots of walking, lots of interesting things to see with statues and towers and nature itself. Also a fab play area, we are definitely going back with L. Oh and it’s only £1.50 to park for the whole day. BARGAIN.
- Battered Brie and Chips at Cromer. Oh yes we went to the beach and I ate a huge portion of deep friend cheese. Of course that makes the list. It was Deep Fried Cheese!!! Well done No1 Cromer, well done.
- L’s birthday present being delivered. Thanks to a few jobs that have paid me in gift vouchers we’ve been able to get L a huge ride on tractor for his 3rd Birthday next month. We have built it up and hid it and I’m really excited because I know he is going to lose his mind! Of course I could sob at the thought of him turning 3, but I’m focusing on the tractor.
- Going to FunFest. My first blogger conference. I left it to the last minute to arrange but I’m so glad I went as I had a blast, the talks were both interesting and inspirational. I got to speak with loads of brands and meet some amazing new blogger friends.
- Meeting the beautiful Clare from Mumsy Midwife and Jen from A Little Bit Country. I got on so well with them and it was lovely to have someone to hang out with all day at FunFest. That’s what I love about blogging so much, everywhere I’ve been I’ve been able to meet and really connect with like minded people and just have a great time.
- Cake. All of the cake. When I need to clear my mind I often bake. Finding myself with slightly past it bananas means I bake as well. My go to, never fail, cake is a chocolate and banana loaf, lush. That not being quite enough to still my mind and L being in a baking mood we also made a fab lemon sponge, with lemon frosting, decorated with lemon and orange Skittles. Cake makes me happy.
- Finally getting organised and starting my Media Pack, which I finished tonight and added to my updated ‘work with me’ page. It’s one of those jobs I’d been putting off and putting off. I’d decided to do it after one of the talks at FunFest, then I joined Aby’s You Baby Me Mummy Productivity Challenge and that’s been my final push.
- Supermarket shopping with L. Now I never thought that would make the list. Not ever. But after battling to get him dressed, fighting to get him in the car and being quite ready to throttle him. We then had the best shopping trip ever. He sat in the trolley laughing and giggling and acting the fool for our entire shop. We were both having the best time just being silly and getting the shopping done. Every single person we saw had a smile and a laugh with us.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.