For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
So in a complete shift from recent weeks I have interviewed for and accepted a job at my local supermarket. I know, I know. I want to stay at home. The thought of returning to employed life was making sob. But just at this current moment I cannot do it anymore. I need some stability and some money!
It’s been a rough few months but I feel OK about this decision. I’ll be working selling phones, so at least something I know about. It’s also only contracted for a few hours a week, so I can pick up more if I choose or not if I’m busy blogging and parenting. Should that be the other way round. Probably! I’m being way more focused about my blog. Less so about the social media work. Hopefully I’ll find a balance that works for me.
So with everything that is going on I have loved picking my top 10 moments from the past 7 days, it’s very therapeutic. So here they are;
- Going to the launch of the GTech cleaners. It was really good fun. Way more fun than I thought a vacuum cleaner launch could be. I found it really interesting. Got treated to a lovely lunch. Best of all I got to leave with the new AirRam and Multi cleaners.
- Getting to hang out and have lunch with Dallas Campbell, of Gadget Show fame amongst other things and Nick Grey who invented the GTech. As well as some other lovely journalists and all the people form the PR company who I had been emailing for months. We had such a giggle and it was just really lovely and relaxed. One of those moments that makes me realise how flipping lucky I am.
- Beautiful sunny days. I felt that this week might be the last batch of sun for the year. So we’ve made the most of it. Chilling in the garden. Windows open. Playing and generally being outside. I love the sunshine and beautiful warm days. They always make me happy!
- A night out! We had tickets for the outdoor cinema at Blickling for our anniversary. The night was a disaster. But one of those kind of fun disaster’s that is just a tale to tell. It was fun just to go out. We hadn’t had an evening out in ages. Even if it was raining and ultimately cancelled.
- As we had arranged for L to stay at my parents for the night so we could go out, it meant the following day we got a lay in. Enough said really. We woke up naturally. Not to the cries of a child who wants to play at some god awful hour. Lush.
- Taking L to a Birthday Party. We went as friends of the birthday girl’s parents, with a year between the two of them they have little in common. A year is so much when they are little isn’t it. L went from shy and not doing anything other than cling to us, to a bouncing, balloon popping, cake scoffing monster. It was fun to watch.
- Popping to Diss with the little man. We had been on a very long drive so he would sleep. I just needed him to get some flipping sleep. We were near Diss when he woke up, they have a lovely park, so we stopped. We nipped to a shop to buy some bits I needed. Headed to the pond to feed the ducks. Played on the park. Had a mini picnic. Played some more, then headed home. A great impromptu afternoon.
- A really nice trip to the library. We parked a little way away from it so we could enjoy a nice mummy and son walk together. L loves the library, so it’s always a treat. He had fun picking new books, colouring in and playing with the toys they have there. His favourite part is always using the self serve machines though. He just loves it.
- L letting me blog! It’s happened a few times this week. Best not get too excited though. He finally seems to be at a stage that he is happy to amuse himself for an hour or so. Even if he see’s my full attention is not on him. It has been really nice. Really useful. It has also really helped me feel a bit more like a whole person, not just a mum who does other stuff sometimes.
- A really nice family day. Nothing special. But nice. It started with a good swim lesson, with a little cake in the cafe afterwards. Then we headed to the Start-Rite Outlet near us for new shoes and wellies at a fraction of the full price. Win. Topped of with a lovely walk and lunch at Whitlingham Country Park. Nice
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.