For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Last week I worked full-time hours for training and it hit L really hard, he was with grandparents and nursery and barely saw us. He’s got some real separation anxiety and it’s been tough.
This week has been a bit more back to normal, I’ll be working today and hopefully finding out my hours for the next few weeks. I hope I can start to find a routine and I have to make sure that L isn’t put in that same position again.
The uncertainty and lack of organisation has been stressful for me as well. I really hate no knowing what’s happening and it’s put an awful lot of strain on me. So I hope things improve quickly.
Without further ado here are my 10 moments from the past 7 days;
- Having lovely morning cuddles with L in bed. After two days at his grandparents we’d missed each other a lot. So it was nice to snooze and cuddle with him before another long day.
- Getting home from work and finding that L had waited up for me. This may have just been a tactic to avoid going to bed, but I was still happy about it.
- Waking up early to catch up on some blog work before going to work work and being joined by L. He cuddled in next to me whilst I typed away and we were both quite content.
- Watching L open all of husb’s birthday presents. As their birthdays are so close, L doesn’t really understand that it’s not his turn anymore. So he woke husb up nice and early then opened all his presents. So funny.
- An evening watching Deadpool, with a chinese takeaway and birthday cake. Lush.
- Waking up on Saturday knowing I had four full days to spend with L. He needed it. I needed it. It felt like a weight off my shoulders just knowing we could get a few days of quality time together. By Friday he was a mess. He was tired. He was confused. Honestly it had all been too much for him.
- taking L to feed the ducks, play at the park and have tea in a cafe, Just the three of us.
- Playing lots of silly games with L. Giggling until our sides hurt. Lots of silliness and love. So many cuddles. Just a day of cuddles.
- Taking L to the zoo and having a lovely walk round. It was good to get some fresh air and we had a lovely time until we had to leave and the gift shop caused a meltdown, but everything before that was lovely.
- L really making some progress on the potty. He had been showing interest before the summer but as soon as we tried to anything about really making him use it he backed off. So for the last coupe of days, to see him really making headway is great. I’m so ready for him to be out of nappies!
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.