For my birthday I was given a great new book ‘Calm’ and a journal from my friends. To help me find some calm in my life and to de-stress a little. I have been writing in my journal everyday and on Wednesday’s I go through the daily highlights I’ve written down and pick out my 10 favourites.
Things have settled down a bit this week. There is still some confusion over my hours, I agreed to one contract but have been put down for another with double the amount of hours. So I’m still feeling quite a bit of anxiety over that.
It has been nice being able to spend plenty of time with L and do some lovely things with him. We’re away this weekend so I’m a bit worried about leaving him so soon after all this upheaval, but it was pre-booked and I’m looking forward to some time in London.
But here it is, my top 10 moments from the past 7 days;
- Seeing a family of stoats run across the road in front of me on the way to work. There were three of them. All made it safely and it just brightened my day seeing them. I do love living in the countryside.
- Having a good day at home with no accidents from L, but then he also wasn’t wearing pants, so not a real win. We played trains and baked a cake. It was really nice.
- Seeing a huge rainbow on the way to drop L of at nursery. He was really excited about it, He showed everyone at nursery then kicked me out the door waving happily. I felt it was a good omen for the day. A rainbow, a good nursery drop off, a productive day.
- Getting woken up by L jumping on me in bed being a dinosaur. It’s a fairly cute way to be woken but mainly I was happy about this as it meant for the first time in a long time I had slept later than 5am. In fact it was a lot closer to 7am when I was jumped on.
- Having a fun Halloween crafting session. A bit of painting with L then finishing everything off whilst the boys went out for a bike ride. I loved my #MakeItScary craft session, it had been too long since I’d done anything crafty.
- Spending the afternoon at my in laws, relaxing and sharing a drink. A lovely sunny Autumn day to be sat in the conservatory and have a good catch up.
- Finally having some potty success whilst L was actually wearing pants!! It was a big hurdle for us. He is awesome if he’s running free and pantless. The second you pop something on him though, pull ups, pants, a nappy he feels comfortable and just goes. So him remembering to use the potty several times whilst wearing his pants was amazing.
- Having a little walk round our local town, running errands and popping to the toy shop. L was wonderfully behaved and we had a really lovely time doing really mundane things.
- Visiting The Museum of Norwich at The Bridewell with L. I hadn’t been since I was a kid and couldn’t believe how much it had changes and L just had the best time following the Eye Spy Trail that was on for Half Term. Even if we did make it round the museum in super quick time as he was so intent on finding all of the glasses and completing his sticker book.
- Stopping for cake and a drink with L after our museum trip, then having a little play at the park before heading home. He can be such a grown up little boy at times. I really enjoy hanging out with him.
I’m really glad I write down a few positives from each day and then go back through them each week. It helps keep me focused, calm and therefore happy. It is also a great way to keep a note of the things we’ve done.
I’m linking up with #BloggerClubUK, #BestandWorst & #CoolMumClub just because I love them.